Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proper file naming when a season is not diffined.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper file naming when a season is not diffined.

So I was in the dollar store over the weekend and found ESPN's 30 for 30 boxed set.
    The episodes are not done by season. instead it is groups of years by volume.
    So where I would normally name them as "30 for 30 - S01E01 - Kings Ransom.mkv"
    It is not S01xx It is Volume 1 ,2 ,3 ,4 maybe 5? looks like 30-40 episodes per volume. Years are 2009 vol1, 2012 vol2. 2015 vol3 and 2019 vol4.

So should I do: "30 for 30 - V01E01 - Kings Ransom.mkv"
    or "30 for 30 - E01 - Kings Ransom.mkv"
    or "30 for 30 - (2009) - E01 - Kings Ransom.mkv"

Also includes bonus disc etc. haven't looked at that stuff yet.

For $1 / volume it a good deal. I did watch a couple and they were very well done.

Originally posted by intvfan View Post
    The episodes are not done by season. instead it is groups of years by volume.
    So where I would normally name them as "30 for 30 - S01E01 - Kings Ransom.mkv"
    That would be correct how you would name 2009.

30 for 30 - s01e01 - King's Ransom
    30 for 30 - s01e02 - The Bond That Wouldn't Die
    30 for 30 - s01e03 - Small Potatoes Who Killed The USFL?
    Just like that all the way down to
    30 for 30 s01e30 - Pony Excess

Of course season 2 & 3 would be s02exx & s03exx

Bonus/Specials are always - s00exx

30 for 30 - s00e01 - Believeland (Alternate Ending)
    30 for 30 -s00e2 - Celtics/Lakers Best Of Enemies (Parts 1-3)

2012 title is different I believe, so use that:

ESPN 30 for 30 Shorts

ESPN 30 for 30 Shorts - s01e01 - Here Now
    ESPN 30 for 30 Shorts - s01e02 - Arnold's Blueprint
    And so forth to s01e69 - Subject To Review

The above should work for you...............awesome score on the discs!!

Comment

When in doubt, the best approach is to check how the information is stored in themoviedb.org. This is where the media server retrieves the meta information for videos.

In this case DowntoEarth is correct. The individual volumes are stored as seasons. However, there does not appear to be any season level posters stored in that database, so the media server will just show blank posters there.

Also, the above naming for bonus/specials is correct, but I have never been able to get the server to download season 00 metadata. While I could be wrong, it appears the media server has a bug in it that prevents it from getting season 00 info.Would be nice if that worked as many shows have pilot episodes that are only listed in season 00.

Comment

Put in the time and renamed all of these.
        Yes the S01E01 worked.

Thank you!

While I am thinking of it. how do you handle "crossover" episodes.
        I am talking things like The Bionic Woman and The Six Million Dollar Man. Example. Part 1 is SMDM part 2 is TBW and Part 3 is SMDM.
        I want ALL 3 parts together in one group ( or both ) So I don't have to switch while watching. FIND the right season and episode etc.

I have been thinking.... MERGE part 1 and 2 into the PART 1. Episode. However, I have had some issues with that. If the file structure is not 100% the same, it doesn't work.
        I don't feel like converting, merging etc. for all of these cases.
        X-Files and Lone Gunman are another case. Where 2 additional X File episodes are included in the Lone Gunman DVD set.
        I want them in this grouping as the are really Lone Gunman episodes... But they are not in the Series, so they do not match.

As I type this... I think, if these are really my pain points in life..... Things are good! Or is this what I am choosing to distract myself from reality?

Comment

Your right about X-Files and Lone Gunman, not sure how you will be able to force the included additional copy (Jump The Shark) of the X-files series into the Lone Gunman folder. They are set up as two different series and episodes. I have the whole X-files series and 'Jump the Shark' is season 9, episode 15, even though they made it part of the Lone Gunman spinoff series.
          You may be looking for the series of the same name. The Lone Gunmen are a trio of fictional characters in The X-Files and The Lone Gunmen television series. They are government conspiracy theorists and skilled computer hackers who frequently assist special agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. Consisting of members Melvin Frohike, John Fitzgerald Byers and Richard Langly, the Lone Gunmen were the publishers of a magazine called "The Lone Gunman" (originally titled "The Magic Bullet"). The trio orig

Comment

Working...
          X