2.0.2.1 Collections Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.2.1 2.0.2.1 Collections Issue

I upgraded one of my DMS to 2.0.2.1. I have 337 DVDs and Blu rays on my DMS. I rebuilt my library after upgrading the firmware (dumb idea), and now it shows over 320 collections! I normally only have about 20 or so (these aren't custom collection just ones automatically created my DMS).

The normal collections I usually have are there, but the number of movies DMS thinks is in the collection is doubled. ie. I have "The Wolverine Collection", created by DMS. It contains X-Men Origins:Wolverine and Logan. However the number of movies it says this collection contains is 4. It does this for every normal collection I have. The rest of the 300 blank collections have no movies in them, even though is says each collection contains 2-4 movies. When I click on the blank collection it says "This Custom Collection is Empty." Because the collection is empty

Besides rebuilding my library again and possibly facing the same issue, can anyone think of a way to delete these ghost collections. I know they updated collections in the new update, but before this update they were working fine. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Attached Files

So I have an update with more information. Maybe this may help someone to help me figure out what is going on. So on the web interface side of the DMS, IP:32080, when I go to the collections section, the collections that are correct such as the "Wolverine Collection" I mentioned above, the web address is coming up as IP:32080/#/movieSet?id=" and then a small positive number such as "id=1175". I am able to edit this collection and the movies in it are correct, although some say they have more movies in the collection than are actually in it.

When I click on one of the "ghost collections" that are invalid, the address says IP:32080/#/movieSet?id=" and then a large negative number such as "id=-1602115536". I have noticed the DMS having negative numbers before, more often when it can't find a movie or tv show it usually labels it with a negative number and a blank poster. I haven't seen it for collections before though. And this is over 300 times in my collections section.

Another thing I found was when I went to add movies to any of the invalid ghost collections via the DMS itself, it says "Failed to add movie to collection". So the blank collections really are ghost collections. They can't be added to or deleted, but DMS sees them.

When I did the library rebuild I noticed that the blank collections are created before even any movies are added to the library, which never happened before with the previous version 2.0.2.0. So I am thinking it has something to do with the new features having to do with collections in the 2.0.2.1.

If anyone has any suggestions, or if a Developer/Moderator sees this and has any suggestions, it would greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tcsnguy View Post
      So I have an update with more information. Maybe this may help someone to help me figure out what is going on. So on the web interface side of the DMS, IP:32080, when I go to the collections section, the collections that are correct such as the "Wolverine Collection" I mentioned above, the web address is coming up as IP:32080/#/movieSet?id=" and then a small positive number such as "id=1175". I am able to edit this collection and the movies in it are correct, although some say they have more movies in the collection than are actually in it.

When I click on one of the "ghost collections" that are invalid, the address says IP:32080/#/movieSet?id=" and then a large negative number such as "id=-1602115536". I have noticed the DMS having negative numbers before, more often when it can't find a movie or tv show it usually labels it with a negative number and a blank poster. I haven't seen it for collections before though. And this is over 300 times in my collections section.

Another thing I found was when I went to add movies to any of the invalid ghost collections via the DMS itself, it says "Failed to add movie to collection". So the blank collections really are ghost collections. They can't be added to or deleted, but DMS sees them.

When I did the library rebuild I noticed that the blank collections are created before even any movies are added to the library, which never happened before with the previous version 2.0.2.0. So I am thinking it has something to do with the new features having to do with collections in the 2.0.2.1.

If anyone has any suggestions, or if a Developer/Moderator sees this and has any suggestions, it would greatly appreciated. Thanks
      Go back to 2.0.2.0. 2.0.2.1. doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by wasim27488 View Post

Go back to 2.0.2.0. 2.0.2.1. doesn't work.
        I'm staying on 1010, it works the best for me.

Comment

Sorry m8, if you read my post from day after it came out you would have seen I had the same problem. You have to re build your database.
          Viking lost down under

Comment

ejm thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. I have now rebuilt my library 4 times and it gets progressively better but I still have over 30 "ghost collections". It doesn't affect playing movies at all it is just really annoying to see so many collections that can't be used or removed.

Any mods or developers have an update as to when this issue might get fixed? Anyone have luck rebuilding and the "ghost collections" all go away? Thanks again for everyone's responses.

Comment

The only other way to fix it is a factory reset. Your "ghost collections" are from your original movies collections.
              Viking lost down under

Comment

Working...
              X