Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fixes I would like to see

These are some fixes I would like to see if at all possible

1. Collections and custom collections being able to sort alphabetically. Also default sorting A-Z when opening up DMS

2. Movies in Collections sorted by release date of movie. Oldest to newest

3. There is some kind of character limit on custom collection names. I could not make a collection called Deep Blue Sea. Had to use Deep Blue

4. I would like to have the movie selection stay at the movie you are editing. Right now after editing a movie it goes all the way back to the beginning.

5. Ability to do most of the editing from the web browser including adding to collections

6. Some way to keep changes made to collections after a rebuild.

7. Some way to delete a poster after deleting actual movie file from DMS

I'm still waiting on TV shows to simply use the naming conventions for multiple episodes when importing *.iso format. Also to go along with this is the adjustment to the name on the posters as well as the poster itself. I wouldn't mind if I could name the poster "Episodes 4-8" or separate "Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6, etc" or even "Disc 1, etc". I am aware that they won't start the episode directly and would only start your ISO disk, but I can live with that. The naming convention only recognizes the first specified episode in the naming convention that is supposed to work (and I hear does work under the much older firmware). I haven't started on any of my TV importation as I have probably 500 discs to do and it's much easier to pull in the disc *.iso. I'm not keen on pulling in show episode by episode for show on this kinda volume and also loose any extras (which I really enjoy on my favorite shows), verify correct episode numbers, etc. The amount of work is pretty high, especially if the database doesn't know the episodes. I've played with about 10 discs in pulling in individual episodes and only one of them knew the episodes name, etc.

Given the COVID situation - Binge watching would have been nice, but won't happen until I get them pulled in.

In the case this doesn't get solved sometime soon - I see from some recent posts in other thread that some others have had experience with other MS such as Za*****, etc. Can anyone comment on pro's/con's of these. I believe I saw some of these also work with *.iso, but I have no idea on how difficult customization of naming items or posters, etc. is and how well they work. If anyone can give me some feedback please send me PM.

Comment

I've noticed that a number of movies on the poster wall don't show any subtitles available when playing, from both the subtitle button on the remote and from the menu. However if I go to the video folder and play from there, the subtitles are present. I'm making a list of the affected poster movies and will post it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveH50 View Post
        I've noticed that a number of movies on the poster wall don't show any subtitles available when playing, from both the subtitle button on the remote and from the menu. However if I go to the video folder and play from there, the subtitles are present. I'm making a list of the affected poster movies and will post it soon.
        We duplicate the issue, sorry for the trouble, we will check.

Comment

Originally posted by TRJ View Post
          I'm still waiting on TV shows to simply use the naming conventions for multiple episodes when importing *.iso format. Also to go along with this is the adjustment to the name on the posters as well as the poster itself. I wouldn't mind if I could name the poster "Episodes 4-8" or separate "Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6, etc" or even "Disc 1, etc".
          Rename the poster is not supported. But you can change the poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post
            These are some fixes I would like to see if at all possible

1. Collections and custom collections being able to sort alphabetically. Also default sorting A-Z when opening up DMS

2. Movies in Collections sorted by release date of movie. Oldest to newest

3. There is some kind of character limit on custom collection names. I could not make a collection called Deep Blue Sea. Had to use Deep Blue

4. I would like to have the movie selection stay at the movie you are editing. Right now after editing a movie it goes all the way back to the beginning.

5. Ability to do most of the editing from the web browser including adding to collections

6. Some way to keep changes made to collections after a rebuild.

7. Some way to delete a poster after deleting actual movie file from DMS
            1,2,5,6 are in the to-do list.

#3: We can make a collection called Deep Blue Sea, so please try again or offer us more info to help us duplicate it.
            #4: We cannot duplicate it. Please try again.
            #7: After you delete the movie, will need to rebuild library to delete the poster at the moment.

Comment

On #7..

Maybe I am not understanding the issue, but if I select an unwanted poster via the WEB Browser interface and click the trash icon, the poster disappears on the DMS. Note that if the underlying file is still present, it gets deleted as well, I do not need to rebuild the library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

#4: We cannot duplicate it. Please try again.
                Let me try to explain it again.
                On the DMS you go into all movies. Say you have 100 rows of movies.
                Edit a movie in row 40. Really change something not just look at it.
                After the change takes effect and you back out of last change screen it takes you back to row 1 movie 1.
                You then have to page back down to row 40 again if you have more changes to make

This does the same thing in recent added. If you go over to the 55 movie to make a change it takes you back to the first movie in the row after you make the change.

Comment

Originally posted by tbrown25 View Post
                  On #7..

Maybe I am not understanding the issue, but if I select an unwanted poster via the WEB Browser interface and click the trash icon, the poster disappears on the DMS. Note that if the underlying file is still present, it gets deleted as well, I do not need to rebuild the library.
                  I'll try this whenever I turn the DMS back on.
                  Thanks

Comment

On #7..

You are right, via the web manager, it can be done that way.

Comment

To add to this wish list, I would like to have the ability to add my own poster to the top level of a Custom Collection, rather than have the system randomly use a poster from one of the movies in the collection.

Comment

Mona,

If renaming the poster is not going to be allowed, then the initial problem still exists. However if such a naming convention were allowed - it would be a good work around for not recognizing the naming conventions for multiple episodes.

Original Problem - I'm still waiting on TV shows to simply use the naming conventions for multiple episodes when importing *.iso format.

Short description of the problem: If I pull in a disc as an ISO, and use the naming convention given in the forums, it only lists/shows the FIRST episode and ignores the rest. I've tried different versions of the naming convention with NO success.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter1955 View Post

Let me try to explain it again.
                          On the DMS you go into all movies. Say you have 100 rows of movies.
                          Edit a movie in row 40. Really change something not just look at it.
                          After the change takes effect and you back out of last change screen it takes you back to row 1 movie 1.
                          You then have to page back down to row 40 again if you have more changes to make

This does the same thing in recent added. If you go over to the 55 movie to make a change it takes you back to the first movie in the row after you make the change.
                          Thanks for the detailed information, we duplicate the issue, we will check.

Comment

To add to this wish list, I would like to have the ability to add my own poster to the top level of a Custom Collection, rather than have the system randomly use a poster from one of the movies in the collection.
                            Via the web manager, you can change the poster. See image attached.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	change poster.png
Views:	295
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	385169

Comment

Originally posted by TRJ View Post
                              Mona,

If renaming the poster is not going to be allowed, then the initial problem still exists. However if such a naming convention were allowed - it would be a good work around for not recognizing the naming conventions for multiple episodes.

Original Problem - I'm still waiting on TV shows to simply use the naming conventions for multiple episodes when importing *.iso format.

Short description of the problem: If I pull in a disc as an ISO, and use the naming convention given in the forums, it only lists/shows the FIRST episode and ignores the rest. I've tried different versions of the naming convention with NO success.

Tim
                              You may try via the web manager to edit the title name.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	edit name.png
Views:	320
Size:	527.0 KB
ID:	385172

Comment

Working...
                              X