jerky viewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMS v2.0.2.1 jerky viewing

I decided to watch the latest Mulan movie in Mpeg 4 format and it would continually stop / start missing seconds of movie and sound. I thought that maybe it was time to scan drive for problems. So before I decided to do this I used PLEX to watch it and there was no problems what so ever. I think someone else mention this with other formats but do not recall any mention to this problem with Mpeg 4.
    Viking lost down under

Originally posted by ejm View Post
    I decided to watch the latest Mulan movie in Mpeg 4 format and it would continually stop / start missing seconds of movie and sound. I thought that maybe it was time to scan drive for problems. So before I decided to do this I used PLEX to watch it and there was no problems what so ever. I think someone else mention this with other formats but do not recall any mention to this problem with Mpeg 4.
    ejm, If your copy of Mulan has multiple audio streams, try one of the lesser strenuous streams like stereo, pcm etc. to see if the stuttering still exists. My DMS doesn't like really HD streams (TrueHD, Atmos etc.)...especially with UHD stuff.
    Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

No multiple audio streams, 5.1 Surround stereo.
      Viking lost down under

Comment

Hi ejm,
        Where is the Mpeg 4 file saved? Please send us the log file and post the log ID, thank you.

Comment

ID: 130107

And as per usual unable to upload logs to forum and Messenger. Mulan is saved on DMS under movies\m.

20200917-logAndXml.zip, file size is 12.1 MB
          Last edited by ejm; 09-17-2020, 05:12 AM.
          Viking lost down under

Comment

Working...
          X