TV episode Correction Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV episode Correction Issue

I am having a problem that is driving me nuts. I created the initial problem, but then when trying to correct my mistake is when, the Media Server has a problem. Let me explain in more detail.

Occasionally when pulling in a disc for a TV series in ISO format - when trying to match by updating the library, when the file doesn't match successfully the file sometimes goes to Videos (when no match is found) or to movies (when a similar match is found but it is actually a mistake). This has happened some with CSI for example where the disc sometimes thinks it is the CSI last finale instead of a season disc. So far this activity is fairly normal by the media server. Then when I go to match, this is when I sometimes have made a mistake. Here is one example:

I've imported a disc called NCIS - s12e09 s12e10 s12e11 s12e12 - BR.iso
    This goes to movies or videos and is not matched. Then using the "fix match" function I accidentally match it to CSI season 12 episode 8 (instead of 9).

This matches and shows the proper episode cover I matched it to as 8. So far the Media Server is working ok. However in realizing my mistake, I then try to use the "fix match" function again. Here is were the problem starts to occur.

1) First - in this example, it DOES match to episode 9 when I do the "fix match" again and now shows a cover for episode 9. HOWEVER - the original match of episode 8 also stays in the system so I now have 2 matches present. In going into look at the details for both episode covers - it shows the same file/path in BOTH.
    2) If I go now to delete the episode 8 (in an attempt to just leave 9) - it actually deletes both covers (and the file itself usually).
    3) If I pull in the disc again and start over - usually on this "second round" the use of "update the library" goes and matches the file to the "incorrect" episode 8 (the one I typed in under the first fix match, but made a mistake). So in this example, instead of matching to a movie or going to the video directory it now directly matches to a TV episode 8. Anything I try to do to correct the one cover episode 8 to episode 9 always produces 2 covers.

All I want to do is adjust the one cover to be the proper episode. I've tried hours of different ways to correct to no avail. Any ideas?

Note this is one such example. I have 2 others that are basically doing the same thing.

TRJ

TRJ - Try Post #9 or Post # 10 in link below...

Comment

TRJ
      Do you have a nfo file in the directory with the iso? When you did the first fix match (to E8) it may have created an NFO that is keeps overriding the scraper.

Not sure this will work, but I would do the following:
      • Delete any nfo file in the directory with the iso
      • Name the iso per the recommended naming convention: "NCIS - S12E09-E12"
      • Make sure the iso file is in a directory "DVDFab/TV Shows/NCIS"
      • Using the WEB interface to the MS, delete any posters associated with the file. Be sure you have renamed the iso before doing this to prevent it from being deleted along with the metadata
      • Using the MS, do an update path where the iso file lives.

Comment

Down2Earth - thank you - I will try/look into this over the next few evenings as I can.

tbrown25 -
        1) Yes there are nfo files. However I investigated these early on months ago - and they never take precedence in anything I have played with or anytime I adjust these. In this case the nfo file are basically an empty shell *i.e. almost no information appears between the xml identifiers.
        2) Naming conventions - I've tried several per the naming convention thread. Normally the scraper only identifies the first episode of the naming convention and ignores all others. However I know of another directory I have that has the same problem that is NOT ISO and everything is MKV files - where this same problem exists so I only have one sXXeYY per name and really have no option to change as well. So once I've locked in the name, this name may be tied to the problem, but I'm also setting up for a second system at the same time and have to use a specific naming convention where instead of sXXeYY-eZZ I have to list each as sXXeYY sXXeYZ sXXEZZ etc....
        3) It is in the proper directory.
        I'll go ahead and remove the nfo file and try again following everything, but basically I believe I've tried all this except for deleting the nfo file.

I'll report back soon.

TRJ

Comment

tbrown - anything I do by keeping the name, still has the same problem. However if I give it some other name, I can "fix match" ok. However I need to keep the file name for another system I'm building as well. There shouldn't be any reason I can't simply fix the match a second time. This is obviously some sort of "bug".

Down2Earth - Following these did not help resolve the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by TRJ View Post
            There shouldn't be any reason I can't simply fix the match a second time. This is obviously some sort of "bug".

Down2Earth - Following these did not help resolve the issue.
            Kind of looks like you covered all the bases, you might be the first in discovering this and possibly could be a bug since nothing is working for you! Think the problem is on the DVDfab64 side and might want to reach out to Mona and see if the devs can duplicate this issue or suggest something that might help in trying.

Comment

Guessing my time expired to edit my top post........................

As a side note: Think I might be having a similar problem with two movies on a multiple disk. Where the first movie you can use the search movie/TV function for an nfo file, the second movie you are not able to use the search movie/TV function to match it and DVDfab labels it and puts it on the server with the same name as the first movie on the disk, you are not able to fix match the second movie which is a totally different movie but since it does sense something is wrong, it throws the second movie with the same name and path in Videos, nothing works to get it out of there. Like you I have tried editing the XML file with no luck with that what so ever.

DVDfab 11 & 12 versions seem to have this behavior now. I still had a copy of DVDfab64 10, I deleted all the multiple disk copies that did not work on the server and copied them with DVDfab64 10, they went into the server okay. Some of the movies went into the Videos sections because there are no nfo files but that is fixable, where the XML nfo files are not. 10 generates two files also, the .iso.meta file is fixable with Wordpad and with the correct <title> and <year> for movies it fixed and matched up the movies perfectly using the web app and fix match on the server, I have not tried TV seasons and episodes with 10 yet since I have not ran into the same problem putting them on with 11 or 12. But if you are able to get a later version of DVDfab 10, it would be worth a try to edit that .iso.meta file to verify your issue if you don't get any other help or support from these guys. Can't think of anything else....good luck!

Comment

Down2Earth - Thanks.

I've seen an issue like you cite as well regarding "doubles". you can make changes, but the change is applied to both, and seemed to be tied together in a way you can't treat individually. This may or may not be related to my issue although it is similar. One thing I note is that my issue should remove one and create another when you "fix match", but it is not. In your issue your purposefully trying to create a similar second cover/disc/etc.

I've sent something to MONA as you suggested. Guess it's time to wait and see.

TRJ

Comment

Working...
                X