This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General/Other Movie Server

I was just looking for a new unit for a friend. Noticed that DMS is not sold anymore. Maybe that is why there is no more firmware updates. If anyone happens to know of any similar type of player as DMS, could you please Email me on ejm999@bigpond.com with this info, as I don't want anybody getting upset about this post. EG moderators.
    Viking lost down under

Originally posted by ejm View Post
    I was just looking for a new unit for a friend. Noticed that DMS is not sold anymore. Maybe that is why there is no more firmware updates. If anyone happens to know of any similar type of player as DMS, could you please Email me on ejm999@bigpond.com with this info, as I don't want anybody getting upset about this post. EG moderators.
    I"m sending you and email.
    Peace, Jim

TV: Sony XBR-70X850B; Receiver: Yamaha RX-A3060; Speakers: KEF 7.2 Surround; NAS Server: Synology DS2411+; Home Theater: NUC8i7 Windows 10; DMS: Updated to v2.0.2.1 Beta; Zappiti:One 4K HDR; Connection: Direct Gigabit Ethernet

Comment

Thanks m8
      Viking lost down under

Comment

I too am looking at possibly purchasing the DVDFab 4K Media Server, but it states "sales are suspended due to Corona Virus issues". But upon reading this post and the lack of updates for this unit, does anyone have any information whether it will even be sold ever again, or is there some other alternative?

Comment

Doubt you will ever see the unit for sale again. Support (firmware) ended a long, long time again.

I was one of the folks that purchased the unit at the very beginning. While it was a pretty good unit at first, the firmware never really got up to speed. It was a shame as the unit had a lot of potential, just never got the firmware there.

When support ended, I searched for a replacement and came up with the ZIDOO. While all of these media streamers have their peculiarities, I have been quite satisfied with this one. Support, while limited to their forums, is quite good.

Hopefully they will not remove this post. In the past the mere mention of competing products resulted in removal. But since they no longer sell the DMS I thought I would try it.

Comment

Working...
          X