X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media Conversions

Stupid forum lost the first post I had.

I made a new post because I hate it when people hijack a thread for something different.

I wouldn't have brought this up if DVDfab didn't have the X to Mobile feature.

It has 360 as a mobile platform, which implies small resolutions and stereo sound. I'd like it to support WMV-HD, full 1920x1080 and 5.1 surround.

This is what I currently have to do to get video into WMV-HD format for my 360.

1. Use DVDfab to decrypt the files, and tell it to copy them to the hard drive.

2. Use tsMuxerGUI to Demux the raw streams into a m2ts from the m2ts file (largest one is usually the movie file). Only grab the 1920x1080 video stream, and the english 6 channel audio.

3. Use eac3to to convert the audio into 6 seperate Wavs by telling it to save as "filename.wavs". yr_eac3to_more_gui is a GUI for this operation(you add the source file, then on the audio tab, the top tab on the right side, select that input file you just added [when you select the input file it will analyze the file and minimize when doing it], then just some file name, and save as wavs).

4. Use AVCWare Blu Ray Ripper to convert the video to WMV (Target-HD Video-HD WMV Video).

5. Use Windows Media encoder to combine the files into a single WMV file (as instructions in "Encoding with WME9.htm" file).
    This is the WME9 file
    Open Windows Media Encoder. Close wizard (we will not use it).

Go to Properties (from Main Toolbar).

Sources
    Source from > Set to Both Device and File

Video > (select from drop down menu) > Browse for file (select *.* files) and choose the My_movie.avs you made before

Using Windows Media 9 Lossless
    Audio > (select from drop down menu) > Browse for the Lossless WMA file (Lossless_Audio.wma)

Using Six Mono WAVE files
    Audio > (select from drop down menu) > Multichannel WAV source. Press Configure and select:

•My_movie-FL.wav for Front Left
    •My_movie-FR.wav for Front Right
    •My_movie-C.wav for Front Center
    •My_movie-SL.wav for Back Left
    •My_movie-SR.wav for Back Right
    •My_movie-LFE.wav for Low Frequency
    Press Apply and OK

Output
    Deselect Pull from Encoder

Select Encode to File

Press browse and set final output file My_video.wmv

Compression settings
    Now to go Compression tab

Press Edit

Go to the tab next to General

If you are using WM9 Bitrate Calculator 2 you can create a Windows Media Profile for the movie and import it in Windows Media Encoder. You can then jump to Video Size.

Select Audio, and set Audio Codec to Windows Media Audio 9 Professional, set Mode to VBR (Variable Bit Rate)

Select Video, and set Video Codec to Windows Media Video 9, set Mode to Bit Rate VBR (Variable Bit Rate)

Go to the tab next to General

Select Audio format > 192 kbps, 48 kHz, 5.1 Channel, 24 bit VBR

Set Video size to same as video input.

If you resize the movie to a lower resolution, during play back full screen it stretches and it gets worsen quality. But if you know what you are doing and still need to resize then go ahead. You can use the Movie Resolution Calculator for this purpose. But if you know the math, go ahead.

Set frame rate 25fps for PAL or 29.97fps for NTSC (check the DVD Box)

Set Key frame interval to 4 seconds. Decreasing the key frame interval is suitable for high-motion content, such as movies. Do not set it lower than 4 otherwise it will take a very long time to encode.

You can play the AC3 file you created using DGIndex to determine the length of the movie. Use WM9 Bitrate Calculator to determine the bitrate for the Video Bit Rate; a bit rate than can fit the video to one 700MB CD highly recommended. If the movie is over 2 hours long, you better use Windows Media Video 9, else use Windows Media Video 8.

Check here for avoid encoding the cast

If you are using multiple CD sizes then use CBR for both Audio and Video. Use Windows Media File editor to split those to multiple CDs. See the guide for this in the Knowledge base. Bear in mind that splitting the file into two will not always give two equal sized clips because if we are using VBR. Therefore you will be forced to use CBR. Windows Media 9 codecs are low bit rate optimized codecs. You will be having most of the quality of the DVD in one CD from WMV9 unlike from other video codecs.

Set decoder complexity to auto. Complex option is intended for playback on computers. Typically, you should select Auto, which enables the correct complexity setting to be selected automatically during encoding. Since we are encoding to file, the encoder with set the decoder complexity to Complex during encoding.

Allow non-square pixel output if the source video uses rectangular pixels if the source video has an aspect ratio that differs from 4:3 (1.333:1) and you want to retain the aspect ratio in the encoded output. You can control the aspect ratio on the Video Size tab. You can use the Movie Resolution Calculator to determine the aspect ratio.

Press OK

Press Apply

Video Size
    If you selected Allow non-square pixel output,
    then from the drop down menu set the Pixel Aspect Ratio to the appropriate ratio (see your DVD box).

We are not using WME to crop because encoding is much faster when it is cropped using the AviSynth Script.

Attributes
    Specify the attributes (optional)

Press Apply

Processing
    Tip: DVD2AVI will be able to tell you all these information. Press Preview (F5).

If you do not want to apply any preprocessing filters to your content you should select none. You should only use this option if your content is already in progressive-scan display format.

If the movie is interlaced, then you can choose deinterlace.

If the movie has horizontal strips during playback in DVD2AVI when you drag the slider fast, your source video is telecined. Therefore select inverse telecine. You should have at least 30fps in your source video i.e. NTSC to support inverse telecine.

Convert
    View > Video Panel, View > Audio Panel: deselect them both. This will reduce the encoding time to some extent

Close Properties

Press Start Encoding

Go to Sleep

Wake up

Close Windows Media Encoder

Enjoy the video.
    Pain in the rear, eh?

It has to be WMV-HD to support 1080 and 5.1
Working...
X