Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapter support in Apple product output.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter support in Apple product output.

Hi,

I've spent the day experimenting with various different encoding software (about 15 different applications) and I'm almost certain that I'm going to choose DVDFab to convert my library. The one thing I think that's missing from the product is the option to include Quicktime style chapter bookmarks that can be read by Apple products (I've almost decided to bite the bullet and go with Apple products around the home). So this is something that would be of real benefit to me.

DVDFab already detects chapters within VOB's and can split the output based on them, it seems it's not too far away from being able to output a single file with chapter markers for Apple products that can read them. Is this a planned feature? The one drawback with DVDFab is that it is quite expensive (maybe rightly so!) compared with other products on the market, and at the moment chapter support is the only thing delaying my purchase while I look around to see if I missed anything that's out there.

I know I can get round it with the various chapter extractor software out there and then mux them into the DVDFab created file, but when DVDFab is the gteat product that it appears to be and produces the output it does, it seems a shame that it doesn't support this and it would be the icing on the cake if this was included as an optional feature.

I did search through the forums to try and find the answer for this myself first, but couldn't find any related posts, so I apologise if I have my search terms slightly out. The only related post I found was a user saying he creates his container files externally to DVDFab for this very reason.

Could anyone kindly confirm if chapter support in the output file is on the to do list?

Cheers,
    Melon.

Thread moved to feature requests forum.

It is unlikely that the developers would give you a time line. I suggest you make your purchase decision on the many things DVDFab does do rather than the one that might be added at some point. That way you won't be disappointed and maybe someday you would be pleasantly surprised.

Comment

Has there been any movement on this? With the popularity of Apple TV (and Apple/Quicktime products in general) this seems to be a no brainer. I've used other rippers that do add chapter markers by default (and I just assumed DVDFab did too).

I've turned off "remember where I left off" or whatever it's called in iTunes because it was getting annoying if others use the same shared computer, but it would be nice to have chapters to jump back approximately to where I was in a movie. Not to mention, skipping to/over songs in a concert video.

Maybe the feature has been added and I'm unaware? If not, please consider adding it. I use DVDFab because it rips DVD's much faster than anything else I've tried, as well as for the BluRay support. If it supported chapters, it would be perfect (well almost, I think the de-interlacing filter could be improved too)!

Comment

I'd love this feature too

Comment

Working...
        X