Option to disable automatic scanning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Option to disable automatic scanning

This might have already been requested but I couldn't find it. Please add an option to NOT automatically scan an inserted disk. For instance, I'm backing a couple of DVDs at a time using two drives and two instances of DVDFab. When one completes a disk and I click "Finish", DVDFab automatically starts scanning the disk in the other drive that the second instance of DVDFab is working on.

Same goes for BR. For example, I'm cloning one blu-ray disk and try to open a second instance of DVDFab. The BR drive starts seeking and clicking because the second DVDFab instance is trying to read the disk that the first DVDFab is working on.

Thanks....

+1

I agree!

In addition to your idea I would really like to have a command line argument which would let you choose which drive is assigned to that instance of DVDFab during startup. This also would stop two or more instances of DVDFab fighting for the same drive.

Originally posted by tsutton View Post
    This might have already been requested but I couldn't find it. Please add an option to NOT automatically scan an inserted disk. For instance, I'm backing a couple of DVDs at a time using two drives and two instances of DVDFab. When one completes a disk and I click "Finish", DVDFab automatically starts scanning the disk in the other drive that the second instance of DVDFab is working on.

Same goes for BR. For example, I'm cloning one blu-ray disk and try to open a second instance of DVDFab. The BR drive starts seeking and clicking because the second DVDFab instance is trying to read the disk that the first DVDFab is working on.

Thanks....
    Last edited by jkadlec; 01-08-2011, 05:10 AM. Reason: Additional suggestion added

Comment

+1, it's been requested before. Would like to just click the source dropdown and select the title to be scanned or an option to disable for selected drives like Passkey.

Comment

+1 here.

Here are previous threads:

Multiple instances?
        Two instances compete with each other...
        using 2 dvd drives at the same time

For people who purchase a lot of movies, being able to easily use multiple drives is a real time saver.

Comment

DVDFab only needs to lock used drive, that's it.
          人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
          Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Working...
          X