This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64 bit version...

Are there any plans in the future to release a 64-bit version of DVDFab?
    I have come to respect DVDFab very much, and I have been using this software ever since version 4xxx. It is still the best software I have ever used to back up my movie collection, bar none! While I have never had any problems with the 32-bit versions, I have come to realize that a 64-bit operating system (I'm now running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit), is a much more stable operating system with much better memory usage compared to a 32-bit operating system.

I would very much like to see a 64-bit version of DVDFab, with all the advantages of 64-bit software...

Just a thought....

Second that

Originally posted by rggauld View Post
    Are there any plans in the future to release a 64-bit version of DVDFab?
    I have come to respect DVDFab very much, and I have been using this software ever since version 4xxx. It is still the best software I have ever used to back up my movie collection, bar none! While I have never had any problems with the 32-bit versions, I have come to realize that a 64-bit operating system (I'm now running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit), is a much more stable operating system with much better memory usage compared to a 32-bit operating system.

I would very much like to see a 64-bit version of DVDFab, with all the advantages of 64-bit software...

Just a thought....
    I second the motion. It's the way to go.

Comment

+1 here also.

Comment

That is very strange as I am running windows 7 Ultimate among other DVDFab user's as well and have DVDFab installed on it as well. It works with out any problems so it does support 64bit systems already would it not

Comment

Yeah, I have a x64 bit os running but it's a x32 bit program.

Comment

OK I forgot about that as this my first 64bit OS so make that another who wants a 64bit DVDFab as well

Comment

Dvdfab is 64 bitready at least it is using all 4 of my cores in my I7 975 extreme compressing Blu rays and working great.

Comment

Originally posted by XX14 View Post
                Dvdfab is 64 bitready at least it is using all 4 of my cores in my I7 975 extreme compressing Blu rays and working great.
                This is why WoW64

Comment

good to know that

Comment

Blu-Ray?

How are you using DVDFab with Blu-Ray movies??

Thanks!

Ah nm... I just remembered that there is a Blu-ray to Blu-ray mode. What I need is a Blu-ray to file more like mobile so I can conver Blu-ray to an .AVI to put on my server.
                    Last edited by Magikman; 11-20-2009, 06:08 PM.

Comment

+1 here as well...take full advantage of my new setup..

Comment

64-bit vs 32-bit

Using 4 cores doesn't make it 64 bit. A lot of 32 bit progs can do that.
                        Question is, if you have over 3gig of memory can it use all of it?

Comment

Yup - have a core 7 i920 chip so effectively 8 threads. However, running it on 64bit win 7 with 12 gb ram - Would really love to be able to use all of that to help speed things up. :-)

Comment

Sounds like a good idea to me . . . most folks are probably running 64 bit systems these days anyway.

Comment

yes i am for 64 bit version too

Comment

Working...
                              X