Allow anamorphic encodes in XviD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Allow anamorphic encodes in XviD

Doing DVD rips in DVD ripper ends up with resolutions of 720x404 (PAL). This loses a lot of quality from the original 576 lines. I have a profile which scales to 1024x576, but this ends up with large file sizes.

Can you make is easy to specify anamorphic (720x576) so that the XviD stream has an appropriate PAR value (I realize not all decoders will recognise it) as well as a DAR of 16:9.

Cheers,
    pingu

In the Edit part select Video Effect Settings and then you can select a custom size like what you are wanting

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      In the Edit part select Video Effect Settings and then you can select a custom size like what you are wanting
      Mate, you are missing the point here.

1. Fab does not do what the OP asked.
      2. It is generally a waste of time and effort. I do not personally know of a playe, hardware or software, that will obey it.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
        Hi, but that changes the display aspect ratio to whatever your custom size is.

Cheers,
        pingu

Comment

I've also found that anything with a horizontal resolution (width) of more than 720 is considered as HD in DivX/XviD land, so my 1024x576 encodes require a DivX HD decoder!

What we need is to be able to specify 720x576 with a Display Aspect Ratio of 16:9. Ppppppplease!

Comment

Working...
          X