X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow multiple audio in Ripper M2TS output

Hi,

All I want to do it rip my bluerays' main movie & specific audio tracks to a .M2TS file without re-encoding them. (Ok, maybe create an AC3 track from DTS if there is none)

Why can't I do this? It seems so simple, and what so many users would want to build their media library.

DVDFab was actually really close to this a few releases ago, you could rip to M2TS and the audio tracks were selectable with check-boxes. Perfect! But it didn't work. I asked about it and in the next release the product was de-featured. Check-boxes were changed to radio-buttons, meaning only one audio track could be selected.

Is there any chance this could be supported in the future? It seems like an obvious & highly desirable feature the product is lacking. Focus on core-functionality before stuff like Qt ports and your user base will stay loyal.
    Last edited by Complication; 04-13-2011, 02:29 PM.

Thread title updated to be more descriptive.

Comment

Thanks for moving my post, Complication.

So is there any chance ripping the main movie to plain a M2TS file with the tracks of my choice might make it into the product or am I SOL?

Comment

It has been requested several times but I have no idea how far up the todo list it has made it. It might be something they are waiting until the new UI is complete. Sorry, there is no ETA available.

Comment

Hmm, ok, is the to-do list published?

Is there any way to nudge the developers to work on this requested feature?

If it's not going to make it into the product anytime soon, does anyone know of any workarounds?

Thanks

Comment

Yep, the workaround is to use other FREE products that have been able to do this for the last 18 months.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              Yep, the workaround is to use other FREE products that have been able to do this for the last 18 months.
              Thanks for the tip. Can you recommend a tool? The stuff I've tried all has one problem or another.

Comment

The rules of this forum prohibit me from doing so and it is really not appropriate to ask.

Originally posted by Deadeye View Post
                Thanks for the tip. Can you recommend a tool? The stuff I've tried all has one problem or another.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                  The rules of this forum prohibit me from doing so and it is really not appropriate to ask.
                  Er, it was you who brought up that there was a free tool, not me.

Anyway, how can it be inappropriate to ask for information about a tool to work around a problem in DVDFab?

But really? You're going to hint at the solution and then not tell me?

Comment

Gregiboy has bent the rules in order to tell you that there are other tools available. DVDFab has decided to focus these forums strictly on DVDFab. There is a big searchable internet out there that may help you to find what you need outside of DVDFab.

Thank you Gregiboy for respecting the rules and the people who are tasked with enforcing them.

Please feel free to start a new thread if you have questions on a different subject.

Comment

Working...
                    X