Blu-ray 2 DVD request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Complication View Post
    I think some of you are missing the point. The specification allows for DTS as the only audio track but there is no requirement in the specification that players need to be able to decode a DTS track. On the other hand, all DVD players are required to be able to decode and down-convert AC3 5.1.
    i think you missunderstood

here in austria/eu is no dvd player available to DECODE the DTS sound.
    its not the players job, its the job from your home cinema via toslink.
    (maybe 1% from all players in the world can DECODE dts, all others needs a home cinema)

the point of my post is some CHEAP players cannot playback the dts soundtrack with a home cinema too!
    all my "standard dvd players" cannot decode dts and without a homecinma its VERY silent in my room!

Originally posted by Complication View Post
    The point is that if DVDFab can create DVDs from Blu-ray then it needs to do so in a way that is compatible with most situations. Why not just use your purchased Blu-ray disc when you want the fantastic DTS or HD sound? The kids that you make the DVD for probably can't tell the difference between AC3 5.1 and DTS anyway. If you want a copy with excellent video and sound then use BD Copy to make the BD9 or BD5.
    i haven't kids!
    the bd2dvd's are for my use, i have a 2nd appartment and there is onla a dvd player

Comment

Working...
    X