This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what about MKV back to blu ray ?

I have both blu ray copier and blu ray ripper and was just wondering if I made a bunch of movie only MKV files could I ever convert them back to a blu ray disc with any of the fab products ? I tried letting the copier see the mkv file as a source and it was a no go.... would be nice if the ripper package could reverse the mkv back the other way in case you wanted to do other things with the mkv long after it was ripped.... anything like this in the fab future or lineup ?
    Thanks

@jhillestad
    I moved your post to a more appropriate sub-forum - "Future Requests"
    However, in response to your inquiry, I can certainly understand your logic, but disagree on proposed solution.
    There is long list of features members want to see in DVDFab. If you magically, with snap of fingers, make them part of DVDFab, program will be so big, almost unmanageable. We definitely don't want that to happen, right?
    Most of these features are very simple and could be achieved by using very simple utility-like freeware programs. Your case is a perfect example.
    What you want is a very simple, straightforward re-pack from MKV to BD. Not a problem! Please google, download and install tsMuxer. This program will do you magic in couple of minutes. Try it.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I have used tsmuxer in the past for other avchd stuff....

What I would like to do is have a MKV library on a 3TB external disk and use WD Live to play them... but if I want to make a disc or dvd from the mkv it needs to be in something Fab understands ... does SmartLabs even support tsmuxer anymore ? their site no longer provides a link to download it... I just thought maybe ripper could reverse the mkv process so the data could be dealt with.....

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

And again, your concept of storing MKVs on HDD and play them with mediaplayer is very good, if not best solution out there. I do the same.
        tsMuxer is still out there and still works fine.

Originally posted by jhillestad View Post
        I just thought maybe ripper could reverse the mkv process so the data could be dealt with..
        As I said in my previous post, it's not a "reversing" process, but re-packing from one container to another, without any coding involved. Simple utility like tsMuxer can do it. If you will need an installer, send your email to my PM and I will send you one. Or you can get it from here: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/au...smuxer_win.cfm
        Last edited by IPopov50; 07-28-2011, 05:02 PM. Reason: typo
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I am with the mod, why add a feature that is available for free elsewhere?
          DVDFab does what it does well, and is not a huge program.
          All you need is TSMuxer, or other freeware program to use in conjunction with DVDFab and it works.
          Last edited by IPopov50; 07-28-2011, 05:02 PM. Reason: unnecessary references
          I'll stop copying movies when I can watch the movies I own without FBI warnings, forced trailers, commentary notices, etc. etc.

Comment

DVDFab is designed to be used with purchased content you own. If you no longer have the original then you are in violation of copyright unless you also destroy any copies you made. Otherwise, if you would like to make a new disc then find the original and create what ever you want.

Comment

Working...
            X