Variable bitrate on mkv recompress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variable bitrate on mkv recompress

I actually would like a variable bit-rate option for bd ripper MKV recompression. I would like to know if that's possible, in the near future, or if this is a feature that will never be implemented in the dvdfab suite.

Please let me know so i can decide to wait or look for something else.
    Thanks.

Anyone?
    Will this feature be implemented?
    Thanks.

Comment

Thread moved to correct forum.
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Any news on this feature?

Comment

... Any news?

Comment

YES!!!!

BUT -- Need to add a "variable bitrate" option to ALL of the Ripper programs,

AND -- *IMPORTANT* Add "variable bitrate" option to VIDEO CONVERTER

I have many source video files with variable bitrate encoding -- but the only output bitrate user options are to set either Fixed Bitrate or Fixed File Size values.

If user sets the "Fixed Bitrate" value to equal the HIGHEST value in the VBR source file, then you end up with an ENORMOUSLY HUGE output file size.

If user instead sets the "Fixed Bitrate" value to equal the AVERAGE value in the VBR source file, then you end up with a file size that's approx. equal to the size of the source file, BUT... the video quality SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS, because the bitrate encoded for fast-action scenes is of course way too low (actually the video quality will suck for EVERY scene in the movie where the source's momentary bitrate was higher than the source's overall average bitrate.

Comment

Where's dvdfab support team????? Why no answer???

Why has nobody from DVDFAB responded to this feature request AT ALL, in 9 months now??? Despite original poster's REPEATED REQUESTS for a response???

I mean, SOMEBODY from DVDFAB bothered to move this thread to "the correct forum", so obviously he or she SAW AND READ this request...

So why did they not also reply to it???

Makes me seriously wonder about the QUALITY of DVDFAB SUPPORT TEAM, and I seriously begin to think that DVDFAB does not really give a damn about their users and what users want/need.

There have been other indications that DVDFAB does not give a damn (care) at all about their customers AFTER the customer has purchased product. Oh, yes, they're very responsive BEFORE the sale, but after they've got your money they could care less about you.

e.g. UNLIKE VIRTUALLY *EVERY* OTHER SOFTWARE COMPANY, DVDFAB DOES NOT PROVIDE PREFERRED PRICING DISCOUNTS or UPGRADE DISCOUNTS (e.g. on upgrades or purchases of additional modules), COMPARED TO WHAT THEY OFFER TO FIRST-TIME CUSTOMERS.

EXISTING CUSTOMERS ARE TREATED JUST LIKE ANY OLD POTENTIAL FIRST-TIME BUYER. They don't offer a better discount to previous customers, as a way of saying "Thank You" for being our customer, indicating that they don't give a damn about you, AFTER the sale...

Comment

Working...
              X