Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) M4V Container...iTunes Extras

Hi guys,

Newbie here...DVDFab is a great piece of software that allows me to back-up my purchases and make them far more accessible across all my devices rather than being stuck to a physical disc...sweet and thank you.

Right, there are a number of requests relating to AppleTV and iTunes etc. Bottom line is that the ideal would be for DVDFab to support the M4V container in a similar way in which the MKV container is supported. The M4V container can hold multiple audio and sub-title tracks and the main movie. Currently I end up ripping my disc and then using software called handbrake to give me multiple soundtracks and subtitles. This gives me one M4V file with 720P video, 5.1 Dolby Digital (or DD 5.1 EX) and 160kbps aac stereo surround that can be played cross Apple TV generation 1 and 2, iPad generation 1 and 2 and iPhone 4 and 4S... All from one file. Apple Tv and iPad 3 are most likely to support 1080P playback and perhaps DTS soundtracks. The M4V container itself already supports this.

Blu-ray PGS subtitles are not supported in Handbrake. It would be absolutely great if DVDFab supported this in an all-in-one solution.

To go one step further would be to support/create an HTML 5 output of an iTunes Extra Blu-ray rip. Users could select multiple videos in addition to the main movie with a very basic menu overlay in both iTunes and Apple TV. I think the iTunes Extras format is an open standard but I may be wrong.

Remember folks, Apple are on the verge of entering the full blown TV market and DVDFab could be the first software that supports the current Apple M4V and future feature set at both 720 and 1080P resolutions. Support for the Apple eco-system would be great!

Supporting the m4V container gets you 75% there straight away, and I have noticed that the 720P rips that I have done will also play without transcoding on a PS3...bonus!

Thx for a great piece of software and a happy new year to all.

+1, as already a lot of others spread in the forum, requests support for m4v (mp4) format!
    I personally don't like mkv because I have streaming problems over my network with that file-format - videos encoded in mp4/H.264/1800p don't have.
    I actually don't wan't to use *other software*, but supports the multiple audio and sub-title tracks.
    thanks

Originally posted by asianwolf View Post
    Right, there are a number of requests relating to AppleTV and iTunes etc. Bottom line is that the ideal would be for DVDFab to support the M4V container in a similar way in which the MKV container is supported. The M4V container can hold multiple audio and sub-title tracks and the main movie. Currently I end up ripping my disc and then using software called handbrake to give me multiple soundtracks and subtitles. This gives me one M4V file with 720P video, 5.1 Dolby Digital (or DD 5.1 EX) and 160kbps aac stereo surround that can be played cross Apple TV generation 1 and 2, iPad generation 1 and 2 and iPhone 4 and 4S... All from one file. Apple Tv and iPad 3 are most likely to support 1080P playback and perhaps DTS soundtracks. The M4V container itself already supports this.

To go one step further would be to support/create an HTML 5 output of an iTunes Extra Blu-ray rip. Users could select multiple videos in addition to the main movie with a very basic menu overlay in both iTunes and Apple TV. I think the iTunes Extras format is an open standard but I may be wrong.

Remember folks, Apple are on the verge of entering the full blown TV market and DVDFab could be the first software that supports the current Apple M4V and future feature set at both 720 and 1080P resolutions. Support for the Apple eco-system would be great!

Supporting the m4V container gets you 75% there straight away, and I have noticed that the 720P rips that I have done will also play without transcoding on a PS3...bonus!

Thx for a great piece of software and a happy new year to all.
    Last edited by signals; 02-09-2012, 05:39 PM. Reason: forum policy on other rippers

Comment

Working...
    X