This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray to DVD(Vob)

I have been using DVD to DVD for a good few years now and totally love this simple little tool, just recently got a Blu-Ray and would like to see just one more option - please continue the excellent work.

It would however, be very, very useful to have the option of converting Blu-Ray to DVD (the bog standard ordinary type in VOB format)

I know we can already convert Blu-Ray to BD9 or BD5 that you can burn to a DVD but these are still in a Blu-Ray format. I would really love to see it convert just to ordinary DVD.

Why - well I have only one Blu-Ray player in the house, but lots of DVD players in different rooms, and it would be very useful to be able to watch backed up films on DVD's in the other rooms etc. I like to sit in our conservatory in the summer to watch films and don't want to have to drag the plasma, surround sound and Blu-Ray player in there when there is already a small TV and DVD waiting to be used.

Please, please can we have this option?

Many thanks. eon

Originally posted by eon_designs View Post
    I have been using DVD to DVD for a good few years now and totally love this simple little tool, just recently got a Blu-Ray and would like to see just one more option - please continue the excellent work.

It would however, be very, very useful to have the option of converting Blu-Ray to DVD (the bog standard ordinary type in VOB format)

I know we can already convert Blu-Ray to BD9 or BD5 that you can burn to a DVD but these are still in a Blu-Ray format. I would really love to see it convert just to ordinary DVD.

Why - well I have only one Blu-Ray player in the house, but lots of DVD players in different rooms, and it would be very useful to be able to watch backed up films on DVD's in the other rooms etc. I like to sit in our conservatory in the summer to watch films and don't want to have to drag the plasma, surround sound and Blu-Ray player in there when there is already a small TV and DVD waiting to be used.

Please, please can we have this option?

Many thanks. eon
    I think this is a great IDEA: splits and burns a Blu-ray movie to multiple DVDs.

Please consider this!

;

Thanks,
    geh

Comment

Blu-Ray to DVD(Vob)

I would love this too. I got DVD fab because my kids constantly trash any new DVDs we buy. So i set up a media server to serve them up and have installed media streamers via home plug all around the house. Love the set up, but now with the bluray film collection growing, there are some films I can't watch this way. It would be great to be able to stream these films too.

Comment

I would love this as well.

Comment

I was thinking some more about this and the splits could be 5 - 6 DVDs or even more depending on the size of the movie itself? Maybe this is not a good idea after all? Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
          geh

Comment

some ideas BD to vob/dvd

I am contemplating the move to blu ray movies. But in the same boat as others. What good is it if we can only watch it in 1 room?
            currently i have 5 rooms with basic computers in each roo connected to a tv. one computer acts as a media server that holds all my backed up dvds. I then use cyberlink dvd player to stream dvds from my server to any or all rooms and computers. Of course, moving to bluray will hinder this between the compliancy for HD as well as needing a HD monitor or tv in each room.
            Most of us just have one HD in our main movie watching room. Which is fine. Since most who watch a BD movie want it in a large screen...
            What i propose is this.
            Since we can rip BD to a file and play on a HDCP computer via dvdfab, we need the option to:
            1- use dvdfab to compress the BD 50 gig ( or less) down to dvd standard. Even if it a larger then 4.5 gigs, for us who archive movies on computer its ok for size limits. (as mentioned in first post to make vob folders) This will allow the playability to stream movies without having to worry about the HDCD compliancy
            2- use dvdfab to compress the BD50 down to a 4.5g dvd standard. to burn to 1 dvd. Of course this would mean probably only taking the main movie and one audio stream from the BD. Thats fine since the movie is most important. this will also allow the playability to stream movies without having to worry about the HDCD compliancy
            3- any way to have dvdfab remove the HDCP compliance... not sure if its possible

Comment

I am also looking at Bluray. I was thinking of getting one for the large (56" DLP) TV. I am not seeing the need for Bluray to DVD. I convert DVDs to either XVID or MP4. I store them on a network drive. I cannot tell the difference between DVD and XVID/MP4. The latest box I have is WD TV Live. It is great and very inexpensive. I can wireless stream the movie. Bluray requires so much disk space to get the best quality. If I compress it and reduce the quality what is the purpose of Bluray. I'll probably just watch the Bluray movie on the Bluray player. If I want to watch on the PC or smaller TVs I'll stream the movie in XVID or MP4. So my requirements are:

1. Bluray to mobile support.

Comment

Originally posted by geh View Post
                I was thinking some more about this and the splits could be 5 - 6 DVDs or even more depending on the size of the movie itself? Maybe this is not a good idea after all? Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
                geh
                I'm not sure how much memory is used on a Bluray 'movie' on the disc itself, but I do know that a lot of the memory is used for other features. Can anybody give me an idea on this? I only bought the "DVD to DVD" copying/burning software but I would consider buying the "Bluray to Bluray" (to DVD??) copying/burning software if this could be done??

Thanks,
                geh

Comment

Originally posted by geh View Post
                  I'm not sure how much memory is used on a Bluray 'movie' on the disc itself, but I do know that a lot of the memory is used for other features. Can anybody give me an idea on this? I only bought the "DVD to DVD" copying/burning software but I would consider buying the "Bluray to Bluray" (to DVD??) copying/burning software if this could be done??
                  I suggest you create your own thread in the Blu-Ray forum if you would like answers to your specific question. Posting a question in someone else's thread is considered hijacking.

Comment

Did this feature get anywhere ?

I use DVDFab for all my DVD to Vob conversions to allow me to stream my DVD's from a server to my playstation, thus meaning that my 5 year old does not damage the disks !

I would really like to do this with my blueray disks, if i can convert blueray to vob then that would be really good an option for other formats as well would also be good say avi / divx.

I think there are other programmes out there that do this so it cant be impossible but i would much prefer to use DVDFab as it is great

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
                      I suggest you create your own thread in the Blu-Ray forum if you would like answers to your specific question. Posting a question in someone else's thread is considered hijacking.
                      Complication,

Your right - I'm sorry! I will ask that in the Blu-Ray forum.

Sorry again,
                      geh

Comment

Originally posted by wampots View Post
                        I use DVDFab for all my DVD to Vob conversions to allow me to stream my DVD's from a server to my playstation, thus meaning that my 5 year old does not damage the disks !
                        When trying to create streaming files for the PS3, Blu-Ray to DVD is probably not what you are looking for. VOB (e.g. MPEG2) is a rather dated video format to be converting to.

You would likely want Blu-Ray to Mobile which is being worked on but does not have an official ETA. I would recommend H264 or XVID for streaming to the PS3 once the module is available. Please be patient.

Comment

I was using VOB to make sure that i got the best picture possible i am using a screen which is about 9ft corner to corner (Not diagonal) so you can normally see the additional compression. Always happy to try other formats

To be able to take a blueray and convert it to any format the PS3 can understand and stream will be fantastic, i can be patient !

Thanks

Comment

Blu Ray to DVD

Yes, the option to copy a Blu Ray to a DVD (in DVD format) would most certainly make the Blu Ray to Blu Ray feature of DVDFab a mandatory addition..

I just purchased the lifetime license for DVDFab DVD to DVD after being a longtime user of other programs, and a recent convert and huge fan of DVDFab.

I have tried the Blue Ray to Blu Ray program on my laptop, and just realized that the Blu Ray to DVD copies were only compatible with Blu Ray players and ended up on this thread.

I would be VERY happy if this feature were implemented - Blu Ray to DVD (DVD format), and would immediately purchase Blu Ray to Blu Ray lifetime licenses for my family.

Keep up the good work, you have an excellent program!!!

I hope this feature might make it's way into the software very soon.
                            Last edited by coolbubba; 01-17-2010, 10:25 PM.
                            -Mike Richey, MCSE, MCP, MCP +I
                            SEO - Search Engine Marketing - Link Building
                            Internet Marketing

Comment

BLURAY conversion to DVD

There are a few movies out there only on BLURAY (ex: Full Metal Jacket widescreen). How about a conversion process?

Comment

Working...
                              X