Audio,Subtitle, Chapters Tracks labeled for MKV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Audio,Subtitle, Chapters Tracks labeled for MKV

Would like to see that when creating an MKV file with the desired audio and subtitle entries selected that the mkv file created contains the actual names of the tracks as they are being displayed in the UI. For example if the audio track checked says English DTS-HD Master 5.1 then when the track name field of the mkv file header would also contain English DTS-HD Master 5.1 or English DTS-HD MA 5.1 or 7.1 or English Dolby TrueHD 5.1, Dolby Digital 5.1 or Dolby Digital Stereo (for those with only 2 channels) or LPCM 5.1 for pcm audio.

Subtitles could be labeled Subtitle 1, Subtitle 2 etc. Also would be nice that chapters be given names as default as Chapter 1, Chapter2 etc. If the bluray already had embedded chapter names that were provided by the studio, then use those names instead. I have seen several titles i own that have this embedded chapter names being more descriptive of what the chapter is all about.

The majority of this information the product already knows since it gives u the capability to select which tracks by their descriptive names. This i feel would be a nice feature to have and not too hard to implement since the location of that info the product already has. What i get now is Track 1, Track 2 etc. Not to descriptive as you can see when the required info is there already and im guessing which track is the audio track i want to select and have to cycle thru them until i stumble upon the right one.

Thanks for a really good product that does a lot and timely decryption updates.

Hi curt,
    We have done it. Please go to Common Setting -> DVD/Blu-ray Ripper -> Output page by clicking the green "√" in the rigth top center. Then you can modify the output files's name. With it helps.
    Thanks for your support!

Comment

Terry, you are obviously not understanding what is being asked. The only renaming on the screen you indicate is for the final file, not the internals that the usuer is asking for.

In fact DVD Ripper still does not even create chapter markers in a MKV.

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
      Hi curt,
      We have done it. Please go to Common Setting -> DVD/Blu-ray Ripper -> Output page by clicking the green "√" in the rigth top center. Then you can modify the output files's name. With it helps.
      Thanks for your support!
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        In fact DVD Ripper still does not even create chapter markers in a MKV.
        I've gave up on this long ago. They just don't get it or don't know how to do it.

Comment

So did I...

It never ceases to amaze me that Fab have never been able to get their heads around this whilst FREE software implemented it literally years ago (as you well know w&b)...

Originally posted by W&B View Post
          I've gave up on this long ago. They just don't get it or don't know how to do it.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Terry,

The other gentlemen are correct it's not the output filename that i want to change but for dvdfab to embed this additional information into the mvk container header and its segments. For example the mkv header has for each audio and video segment a Name/Title element which can be used to assign a more informative user friendly name to it that is visible from various media players when u want to switch the audio or video and know what you are going to get when u do switch it versus guessing what u going to get.

There are several free tools which gives us that capability but that requires the user to manually remux the container again while adding this additional information along with setting up a chapters file (with descriptive names) to import into the free tool and then remux it out with the new values.

Since DVDFab already has this information and displays it to us to select the choices we want, and since it is already creating the mkv via some internal tool or 3rd party tool, this information would be just another parameter that would need to be passed to the build tool and thus saving everyone time and hassle and thus make your product even better.

Implementing this would take what is now a two or three step process to accomplish it, down to a one step process handled completely within DVDFab and your user base would not have to seek out these other tools in order to handle this problem.

Comment

Working...
            X