robust ISO error handler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) robust ISO error handler

1. In the event the create ISO fails, the UI should ask if the temporary files are still to be deleted. Obviously, this is not necessary if the default is to leave the temporary files on the hard drive.

2. In the event that the ISO is to be created from the BDMV files that WERE LEFT IN THE TEMP DIRECTORY AFTER A BURN OR ISO FAILED, the DVDFab strategy should use the existing temp files and NOT attempt to re-create them as it currently does.

WHY THIS IS NEEDED.

In the event that network attached storage fails due to network problems, or a USB or Firewire drive disconnect, the create ISO will fail. The BDMV files left on the hard drive at DVDFab\temp can be re-processed into the ISO. This happens infrequently, but when it does, attempting to create the ISO from the files residing in DVDFab\temp causes DVDFab to re-create the same files in the temp directory and then use these new files to form the ISO. This is unnecessary as the files are already in the correct format.
    Last edited by BeemerBiker; 04-29-2012, 12:37 PM.

Sorry - I waited too to long to edit this message and had to reply to my own message.

I found that the feature "Write Data" can write the ISO without having to re-create the BDMV temp files. However, the temp files still need to have been left on the drive for this to be possible to do.

Comment

Working...
    X