blu ray to dvd full disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Copy blu ray to dvd full disc

I would like to see the option to copy a blu ray disc to dvd in full disc mode. From full blu ray disc to a standard dvd 5 disc. Is this possible?
    Keep smiling.

Originally posted by babyboy View Post
    I would like to see the option to copy a blu ray disc to dvd in full disc mode. From full blu ray disc to a standard dvd 5 disc. Is this possible?
    Hi babyboy
    Yes, this is possible but the quality will not be Blu-Ray quality due to the compression involved, but acceptable for some.
    You can use the Blu-Ray Copy and also the Blu-Ray to DVD functions in Fab.
    Please see links http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-copy.htm and http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-to-dvd-converter.htm
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Last edited by CBR929; 05-06-2012, 03:53 AM.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

It won't work.

Thank you cbr929 for replying but when I try to backup a blu ray to dvd in full disc mode it won't let me. The smallest option I have to back up a blu ray in full disc mode is bdr 25. I tried both blu ray copy and blu ray to dvd converter and it won't let me copy special features and everything just the movie. I would like the full disc with sf and everything. Am I doing something wrong?
      Keep smiling.

Comment

Nope, you're not doing anything wrong.
        The option(s) you're attempting don't exist...unless I'm seriously missing something

The product description is misleading when it speaks to BD compression
        "completely":

"Copy Blu-ray with compression

Compress BD-50 to BD-25, BD-9 or BD-5 completely with outstanding output quality."

I actually had to check on my system to verify this since I had never tried.
        (I'm guessing my good friend CBR929 hadn't tried either and based his reply on the product description, but obviously I can't speak for him).

I suspect that these options do not exist since the resultant files would be "excessively" compressed and hence, poor quality.

I have watched a number of main movie BD's (~20 GB or so) compressed to BD9 and DVD9 with pretty good results.
        However, this is a far cry from taking a 35-40 GB file and burning to 4.38 GB media.

Don't mean to lecture you, just my $.02.

Nothing wrong with requesting it though...
        Last edited by maineman; 05-06-2012, 07:39 PM.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I have never tried this as I am not into Blu-Ray yet, but the product description that my friend posted says it can be done, or am I wrong!!!

Not sure if you can copy it to your HDD first and then try to compress it down...

As I had said in my previous post it will not be Blu-Ray quality.

I know of members that have done main movie to a DVD9 and the quality was better than DVD quality but not Blu-Ray.

Sorry if my information was wrong
          CBR929
          Last edited by CBR929; 05-07-2012, 01:03 AM.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Thank you for the reply

Yes I now have to agree that even if it was possible that with the amount of compression it would be of poor quality. I purchased the blu ray to dvd program thinking that it could do just that but that's fine. Being able to back up my blu ray movies onto a bdr 25 disc is just fine. I've tried it and it worked flawlessely. Thank you again for the reply.
            Keep smiling.

Comment

Your welcome

Comment

Originally posted by babyboy View Post
                You can Compress the Blu Ray Movie to BD9 and BD5, but as of yet using DVDfab you cannot copy the Blu Ray Disc to BD9 and BD5.

That option would really be helpfull with Blu Ray TV Series.

Did you hear that, DVDfab !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An option like that would be very helpful.

Comment

Hi babyboy
                  If I remember correctly, Fengtao had stated a few times that the option to back up a blu-ray to dvd in full disc mode is not possible due to the fact that the menu can not be copied or compressed, that is why you can only back up "only movie", also he said if you want to copy the full disc you need to create your own menu, I don't know if this can be done with dvdfab or you need to use another software to do this, maybe someone else with more knowledge in this can help you a little more.

have a great day:

Tony.

Ps:This is what Fengtao said in another thread.."The problem is: there is no way to convert original menu to dvd, we can only author a new menu for the selected titles".
                  Last edited by the white wolf; 07-15-2012, 07:32 PM. Reason: Add more text

Comment

Working...
                  X