Greater control of Remove HD Audio default setting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Greater control of Remove HD Audio default setting

There is currently the ability to default the Remove HD audio feature (always enabled or always disabled). Under options you can enable this feature to remove HD audio from ALL audio streams without having to remember to tick Remove HD Audio each time.

Most of the time I do not want to remove HD Audio execpt in the case of 7.1 audio. I only have a 5.1 surround system and my receiver does not support 7.1 audio. Time and time again I forget to select Remove HD Audio when dealing with 7.1 audio streams (to convert them to 5.1 AC-3 streams which my receiver supports).

It would be nice to have greater control of the Remove HD Audio default setting so that I could set it to remove HD audio only for 7.1 streams and leave the 5.1 streams untouched by default.

It is my understanding that the Remove HD Audio default option only applies to the Blu-ray copy module. It would also be nice if this feature could be applied to ALL Blu-ray modules including Blu-ray Ripper. I love using the mkv.h264.audiocopy profile in Blu-ray ripper, but again, I always forget to remove HD audio on 7.1 streams. Having the ability to set this as the default setting would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by RClark; 09-09-2012, 07:39 PM.

My understanding from what I have read on the net is that a 5.1 receiver mixes the extra two channels into the surround speakers. There should be no reason to remove the HD audio.

Last edited by Garry E; 10-08-2012, 11:49 PM. Reason: add link

Comment

Working...
    X