GPU Encoding Affinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) GPU Encoding Affinity

I would love to be able to kick off concurrent encoding tasks on a multi-GPU system while being able to specify which GPU each encoding task should use.

In my case, I have a system with two nVidia GPU's and although I know DVDFab currently only utilizes one for encoding a steam (makes sense, I've done CUDA work myself), but I feel it's still a waste of time to let the other GPU just sit there doing nothing.

I love how DVDFab uses high concurrency for the encode/decode process, why not for the queue itself? It'd be an advanced feature, but it'd save me time while digitizing my library.

This way I can have Job A encode on GPU 0, and Job B encode on GPU 1 at the same time.

This might be a long shot feature, but I think could really take DVDFab to that next level.

Thanks again for a great program!

It becomes harder to mantain the load balance for multi-core CPU and multi-core GPU, anyway thanks for your suggestion and we will check if it's possible in the future.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
      It becomes harder to mantain the load balance for multi-core CPU and multi-core GPU, anyway thanks for your suggestion and we will check if it's possible in the future.
      I guess the pragmatist in me says make CPU affinity also part of the GPU affinity option when setting up queued objects. So I can say, ok, for Job 0 in the Queue, use CPU0+CPU1 and GPU0, then for Job 1 in the Queue use CPU2+CPU3 and GPU1.

At this point DVDFab could see that the two jobs wouldn't overlap and kick them off in parallel. I'm not privy to the details on how TECHNICALLY it's all implemented, but this seems like a pretty simple approach.

Anywho, thanks for the feedback and I hope this makes it into the backlog

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
      X