New Update Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) New Update Available

I don't like being informed that there is a new update available when it is a BETA. It is not an official update, is it? A BETA from my experience is for testing and use at your own risk.

I don't mind using a BETA program but I know where to find out if there is one (this forum) and I will take the risk if I think it is necessary. But to tell users that an update is available implies that it is an official release and without using this forum, users who do not know it is a BETA will update to it taking a risk without knowing it.

I think you should only have that popup that an update is available when it is an official release.

Hi beerman64
    Betas are also used for fixing problems in previous builds, not just for testing.
    CBR929

Edit: You can also turn off the auto update option in Fab so you not get pop ups when opening Fab.
    Last edited by CBR929; 03-25-2013, 09:46 PM. Reason: Edit
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

If all you are interested in is official releases just keep an eye on THIS and leave the betas to those of us that don't mind testing and helping to improve the product for you.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X