Title and File Name Options Removed in 9.0.7.x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Title and File Name Options Removed in 9.0.7.x

I like the new ripper and converter interface, however, I could change the default file name and title in the advanced section. This was removed in 9.0.7.0 and I just downloaded the beta version 9.0.7.1 and it is not there either. Please put this back.

It's resolved with a caveat

I've found where this is done at now. However, I need to click on the title first then right click to bring up the context menu. You should be able to right click without having to click the title first.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripin View Post
      I've found where this is done at now. However, I need to click on the title first then right click to bring up the context menu. You should be able to right click without having to click the title first.
      Double click on the row and you get an edit window.

Comment

Do what? I was going to post on this myself, but see someone beat me to it. Now to figure it out...

Click on what title? Where?

Comment

Hi,broderp

First, you need to select a Title, then click on the name of Title , use the left button, you can edit the Title name. This just like rename the file in Windows

Comment

Originally posted by Ripin View Post
            I like the new ripper and converter interface, however, I could change the default file name and title in the advanced section. This was removed in 9.0.7.0 and I just downloaded the beta version 9.0.7.1 and it is not there either. Please put this back.
            I would like to also request the restoration of the ability to set a file name AND a title - which is to say both individually, NOT simultaneously. There are times when one wants the file name to not be the same as the title. For example:

1) When the title is long, so the file name contains abbreviations to shorten it which are not desired in the title.
            2) When the title contains characters that are not permissible within a file name \ / : * ? " < > |
            3) When the title include Roman numerals that do not alphabetize correctly (i.e. I,II,III,IV,IX,V) so the file name uses integers instead.
            4) When the title includes an article (a, an, the) that prevent correct alphabetizing in the file system
            5) When the customer doesn't want the movie title to include the file extension.
            6) For episodic Television shows, where the file name should include the season and episode number, but the title doesn't need to (or the customer just prefers that it doesn't)

Some examples:

POTA - 101 Escape from Tomorrow.mp4 vs Planet of the Apes: Escape from Tomorrow
            Fog.mp4 vs The Fog
            Star Trek 9 Insurrection.mp4 vs Star Trek IX - Insurrection
            Santa Clause 3.mp4 vs The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause

Since the movie's "title" is metadata stored within the file, it doesn't need to conform to the operating system's rules regarding file names, nor do the limitations on correctly organizing files (by name) need to apply to the titles. Please restore the ability to set these separately.

Comment

I too would like to see the option to set the title to a different value from the file name restored.

In my case I always used to set the title tag to blank, as it caused issues for me with my media server. I often use symbolic links to refer to files to give different sort sequences in different sections of my collection. So I could have a TV series named with it's own episode numbering, but where spin-offs are involved I can create symbolic links with new names that sort the spin-offs into original transmission sequence to make sense of any crossovers. However if the Title tag is set then the media server uses that in preference to the file name, so both views end up with the same names and don't sequence properly.

So if it were possible to have a "preference" setting to be able to NOT set the title tag at all, ever, that would be even better for me.

Comment

Working...
              X