Handling of telecined content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Converter Handling of telecined content

I have some files using VC-1 interlaced.
    The content is actually 25fps progressive content telecined at 29.97fps.

The current deinterlacer (at best setting) produces a frame sequence where every sixth frames is a copy of the fifth. This produces a good picture, but also introduce motion jitter. It's especially noticeable in panning scenes.

A detelecine filter would improve picture quality by reconstructing the original progressive frames. No motion jitter is present, the output is at the original 25fps.

A second possiblity is to use a Bob deinterlacer, giving each field its own frame in the output file. The quality is less, but the intended timing is maintained, reducing motion jitter.

Hi, spaceharfang
    DVDFab does not support convert 25fps to 29.97fps (actually PAL to NTSC) at this moment.

Comment

Actually, I'm talking of the other way around.

I got a file coming from a North American BBC bluray disc. The file is VC-1 interlaced NTSC 29.97fps, which is actually a progressive PAL 25fps content telecined at interlaced 29.97fps.

What I'd like to see, is a filter that would bring it back to a progressive 25fps output file for best video quality. Namely a detelecine filter.

As I said the current deinterlace filter is producing very apparent motion jitter in that use case.

Right now, I can use Handbrake to do it.

Comment

Hi, spaceharfang
        Our developers are working on this issue, thanks for your feedback.

Comment

Working...
        X