No announcement yet.

A couple of things I would like to see.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper A couple of things I would like to see.

I bought DVDfab for the DVD ripper, as I run a media center (XBMC) in my living room and I don't want to have to swap my DVDs about.

This is a lengthy process, so I have 3 DVD drives in my PC. I put the discs in, name all of the tracks I want, set the options and set the queue off running.
    This is where I feel some improvements could be made.
    First off, it would be nice if the completion noise was either ONLY for a complete queue (not each individual video) or better still, the queue completion noise was different to the noise for individual videos.

Secondly, when I set three discs off it takes a lot of time. I've not got a problem with that, but I like to maximize my time by doing other things (away from the computer) whilst ripping.
    Once you set a queue going, you can do nothing further with the software until completion. For people running multiple drives, like I do, it would be good if as soon as one drive was done, I could eject that disk, put another one in, do the scanning and naming and options, then add those new jobs to the rip queue.

If I set a queue going and towards the end of it, I have to go out for an hour or so, I can't add extra videos to the list, which is slightly annoying.

Any chance of getting either or both of these features in the future?
Working...
X