This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anamorphic

I'm sure this has been mentioned many times before, but it would be nice if there was an option to allow 'DVD to Mobile' encodes to have the Anamorphic flag set.

I currently encode from DVD to MKV (H.264 / Audio Copy) and it would be good to encode at the full DVD resolution, without having to increase the horizontal resolution to keep the Aspect ratio.

Yes this would save me double handling. Currently, I crop the black bars - select the highest resolution - select custom resolution and change the horizontal to 720 (DVD resolution). This gives me the same resolution as the DVD less the bars. After encoding I then use MPEG4 Modifier (Divx type only not H264) to set the anamorphic flag which only takes a couple of minutes. The video plays fine on my Astone media player.

Comment

Originally posted by jb007 View Post
      Yes this would save me double handling. Currently, I crop the black bars - select the highest resolution - select custom resolution and change the horizontal to 720 (DVD resolution). This gives me the same resolution as the DVD less the bars. After encoding I then use MPEG4 Modifier (Divx type only not H264) to set the anamorphic flag which only takes a couple of minutes. The video plays fine on my Astone media player.
      I'm confused on your horizontal resolution....it seems if you want to keep all the anamorphic goodness, you'd select the original vertical resolution (tweaked down for cropping if desired) of the original DVD, and increase the horizontal value to 1039. So you'd specify something like 1039x576, 1039x560, 1039x442 etc, depending on the crop?

Either way, I agree with Chis01's request for anamorphic support, as is supported by many similar products. I am encoding all my DVD's for playback on media PC and want maximum faithfulness to the source material.

Comment

Working...
      X