No announcement yet.

A few things things that could really streamline the copy process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) A few things things that could really streamline the copy process

1. Allow manual addition of tasks to the queue in copy mode (main movie) (not Ripper) using the same source--as in, not through adding another source. For example, say that I am ripping from a single BD containing nine episodes of a TV show. These episodes appear on-disc as titles 5 through 13. I happen to have a media player that can reference copied BD's in folder structure and play them back as-is (It's called the JRiver Media Center. I'm sure it's not the only software player that can do this, but I figured I'd mention it for clarification.). Instead of having to sit there, waiting on each title to be copied over, I'd like to just queue up tasks for all nine titles, start the first one, and let it run until all tasks are complete.

2. Allow for the selection of multiple chapter ranges in one title, across multiple tasks. Let's say I have another BD with another nine episodes of a given TV series, but this time, they all appear in DVDFab's analysis as one very long title. It is rather unintuitive to have to rip each small chapter range one at a time, as is done in the above. Let's just add these jibs manually to the queue.

3. Allow for the selection of multiple chapter ranges in one title, and in one task. Let's say that the episodes of a TV series that I am working with make frequent use of opening song, ending songs, previous episode reviews, next episode previews, and the like. I would like to be able to have these cut out, with the parts I mean to retain subsequently being joined in one continuously-playing title.

Can any of this be done? Honestly, there are a multitude of tools out there that can approach one or two of the above, but never accomplish all, especially not item number 3. If they do, they fail in some way (subtitle lines not appearing during playback &c.). DVDFab could curb the home video backup market if they addressed this.

Another issue:

4. DVDFab can rip surround sound audio DVD's in FLAC, separating by chapter, all in one process. This is amazing, because other programs that try to do this return errors, every time. There's just one issue: despite lossless encoding, DVDFab insists on downsampling the audio to 16-bit/48kHz, even though the source is often in 24/48 or 24/96. One can get around this by selecting audiocopy and having a media player that can decode AC3 and DTS on-the-fly--except when dealing with TrueHD and DTS-MA, which is generally not supported for playback as-is. DVDFab in particular rips TrueHD as .truehd, instead of the more commonly-recognised .thd. This is odd behaviour. Can it be fixed?

5. The application is generally unstable, experiencing sometimes-debilitating hangs. The program can always be restarted, but this is annoying when working with encrypted discs because DVDFab has to go through the sometimes-lengthy process of decrypting them all over again. Things get especially dangerous when trying to preview titles before ripping or copying. Been an issue since at least DVDFab 8, acros multiple installations and re-installations of Windows.

Just thought I'd bring these to you attention.

No reply? Even if it's just to tell me it's impossible?

Comment

...All right. Fair enough.

Comment

1. We have plan to re-design the queue feature, and we will consider your suggestions.

2. We have plan to support flac 24/96.

3. Did you send the crash report? Please PM your email so we can check.

Thank you very much!
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
        X