This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic rip based on current settings

DVDfab should be able to accept a disk, rip it, and spit it out; and then accept another disk.. based on current rip-settings.

Currently, the user must acknowledge the completion of the rip, click "finished", "start", and "next" and start the next disc going.

I have a collection of 1000 DVDs which I want to rip to a NAS, and I should not have to acknowledge every flippin' prompt or button...

Other ripping products like CDEX have this automated model.. why can't DVDfab?

DVDFab has a powerful batch capability. Look at this example.

You can modify to meet your needs.

Comment

Be careful of too much automation. Many DVDs have the same disc title (or lack there of) which would overwrite if I'm not mistaken.

If you have multiple DVD drives then your best bet is to start multiple instances of DVDFab. Place all DVDs in the drives. Start first instance and start rip. Start next instance, click cancel so it skips to the next DVD drive, start rip (repeat if you have more drives). Close all instances of DVDFab when all discs are complete. Rinse, repeat. This way you only need to click through every few 10-15 minutes.

Comment

I only have one drive.. so this won't work for me..

I see the command line features.. but this is not the solution i want..

If you have not used CDEX for cd-audio, you should try it to get a sense of the automation I am looking for..

automation: disc-in.. full-auto-rip using current settings.. disc-out.. repeat. simple.

This is the simplicity i want.. and it should really be in the program..

F.

Comment

This request has come up before but usually from people that are doing commercial ripping and I think DVDFab tries to stay on the side of fair use.

All your spare money has probably gone into acquiring those 1000 DVDs and hard drive space needed to store them, but you might consider adding a DVD drive. They can be had so cheaply these days and will save you more than 80 hours of rip time (assuming 2 drives ripping at once, each doing 500 discs). I realize that I'm not giving you the solution that you wanted, but it is a solution available to you right now.

Comment

I am not understanding why the command line is not a good solution. You create a shortcut to the batch file and put it on the task bar. Put DVD in, click shortcut... done. It takes less than 5 minutes to setup. The script I pointed you to can handle any number of drives.

Comment

Thanks "Complication" Your reply makes sense..

F.

Comment

Working...
              X