Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDfab fails to disable Autorun sometimes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDfab fails to disable Autorun sometimes.

Hi All,

I have noticed a problem with all of the versions of DVDfab I have used since a few years ago to current. This issue concerns the "Autorun disable feature" in the product options. I am running windows XP, on the latest SP.

In DVDfab, the DVD "Autorun disable" will work great when I first start DVDfab and start the rip. The disc is seen by DVDfab, and the Windows XP autorun does not try and load the DVD, perfect.

However after the 1st rip is done, without closing DVDfab, I click finish and insert another DVD. The 2nd DVD, and all other DVDs after that will "autorun"; so I get those DVD install dialogs and other annoying options which are built into many DVDs.

If I close and restart DVDfab, the Autorun Disable will work, but only for the first disc.

The remedy, of course, is to hold down the shift key when inserting the DVD. But this kind of defeats the purpose of having an option in the DVDfab product to begin with.

Thanks,
    Fabian.

I run vista and have gone into control panel, default programs and disabled auto run, and auto play, for all DVDs and Cd's to take no action when inserted not sure if you have the same options in xp but I think you might.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by flamaest View Post
      Hi All,

I have noticed a problem with all of the versions of DVDfab I have used since a few years ago to current. This issue concerns the "Autorun disable feature" in the product options. I am running windows XP, on the latest SP.

In DVDfab, the DVD "Autorun disable" will work great when I first start DVDfab and start the rip. The disc is seen by DVDfab, and the Windows XP autorun does not try and load the DVD, perfect.

However after the 1st rip is done, without closing DVDfab, I click finish and insert another DVD. The 2nd DVD, and all other DVDs after that will "autorun"; so I get those DVD install dialogs and other annoying options which are built into many DVDs.

If I close and restart DVDfab, the Autorun Disable will work, but only for the first disc.

The remedy, of course, is to hold down the shift key when inserting the DVD. But this kind of defeats the purpose of having an option in the DVDfab product to begin with.

Thanks,
      Fabian.

Since I see you are running XP, Google 'Windows Power Toys'...

When you get to that site, you'll be presented with a list of possible freebie DL's... select 'Tweak UI' and download it.

Buried in the list of tweaks you can make with the utility is the ability to shut down the 'Autorun' feature of Windows...disabling automatic DVD starts permanently - until you re-start them (among things...)

If you get a new piece of hardware with a driver disk to be loaded for the hardware, autorun won't work for that disc either...either start the disc manually, or re-start 'autorun' for just that disc...

DC

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
        I run vista and have gone into control panel, default programs and disabled auto run, and auto play, for all DVDs and Cd's to take no action when inserted not sure if you have the same options in xp but I think you might.
        YUP the same options are in XP, most people do not use the auto play and Darth is right about Tweak UI some great tools in there
        Paid Not To Work
        US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
        Proudly Served On
        USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
        6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Thanks all, Tweak-UI worked.

Please note however, that this is still a bug in the DVDfab software and I hope things like Tweak-UI fixes won't just sweep these little DVDfab problems under the rug..

Thanks again,
          F.

Comment

Working...
          X