This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Execute program after click Finish

Would it be possible to please add the ability to choose an application that gets executed after you click Finish?

This would allow us to automatically run some code that generates thumbnails, adds to library, indexes, whatever..., whenever you press the finish button (or before auto-shutdown if that option is chosen).

Realize this might be specialized in nature, but it would allow power users to automate functionality that you guys haven't created yet, but might be available via custom code or another application.

THANKS!
    -ZacWolf

Why don't you write your own batch file as Bill has posted a lot of info on this that would assist you?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I agree with Gregiboy. The batch command capability is great. I would also recommend ImageMagick for picture manipulation. I use it a lot and it has a robust batch interface.

Comment

Yeah, was just trying NOT to go down the batch writing process. Would just be nice to have a configuration capability in the config/setup, where you can specify an executable (or batch) that would run when you click the "Finish" button.

Granted, low on the list but it should be easy to implement, so a quick win. ;-)

Comment

An alternative suggestion

Currently there seems to be only 2 options after a process completes: nothing or shutdown the PC.

How about a drop-down list that allows for
          Do nothing
          Shutdown PC
          Close program

I'd particularly like a close-program-on-finish option because I have DVDFab start on DVD-autoplay. Inserting the next DVD I get a new instance of Fab running.

(Have not delved into CLI use yet however)

Comment

Working...
          X