Option to fail task on read error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Option to fail task on read error

I just finished running a BD through fab. Got a "Process completed successfully" popup and the Status says "success". However, it's a bad conversion. It aborted due to read errors.

Can an option be added to just fail the disc if an unrecoverable error occurs?

There is an option to skip a number of sectors after a read error occurs. I tried setting it to 0, but the task still aborted and claimed that it was successful after the retry count was reached.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Try the disk again after going into fab settings and try checking use all software.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
      Try the disk again after going into fab settings and try checking use all software.
      SW encoding has no affect on bad disks that are unreadable due to physical damage.

This request is about Fab falsely reporting a failed conversion as successful.

I think the reason it does this is because it just tries to skip to another sector to continue the encoding process when this happens. In my case, I don't want it to skip to another sector... I want it to fail so I know that the disc is bad (and the encoding is also bad/incomplete) then try again when I have a non-damaged disc later.

Comment

I saw sync errors not normal read errors so I thought it may be a cuda thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
          I saw sync errors not normal read errors so I thought it may be a cuda thing.
          No worries. Glad you tried to help, it's people like you that make these forums awesome.

Comment

Working...
          X