This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pick and chose bluray items ripped

Not sure if it was mentioned.. but regarding bluray ripping.
    1- the ability to make a duplicate ISO or folder that i can chose to leave out certain things ( sometimes i like the menu systems, but dont want the crap previews for other movies, and sometimes i like the behind the scenes) this will sort of be like a revers of of "movie only mode" it would be nice to have a choice of whats left out and whats left in.
    2- also, the option to compress ONLY certain portions of the disc, for example, when making duplicate iso or folder, leave the main movie quality the same, but compress the behind the scenes extras, or super compress the previews or menus. sort of like another program used to do for dvds ( i wont mention names)

i dont know how many of us do this, but i archive all my Bluray movies on harddrives, like i did with my dvds...i never burn to disc, i only burn when i want to let someone "borrow" the movie. but i rip all my discs to hard drive, and watch my bluray movies over my network. currently i have a dedicated computer with tons of bluray movies in iso format, and i mount and load from another computer on my network and watch it from there. So i enjoy having menu systems, or behind the scenes somewhat... but i feel that having a menu in HD or previews in HD just wastes space on my harddrives...right now hard drive space is fairly cheap, BUT, not free, so if i could recover a few gigs per disc that would add up in the long run....
    does anyone else archive thei Bluray movies on harddrives?
    dvdfab is one of the FEW peices of software i will ever pay for... it seems that dvdfab is the only program out there that actually DOES what it supposed to do.. plus it has constant updates. im sick and tired of trying all that other crap software out there that just never works...if dvdfab can impliment all these features, plus others.. it can then be the ONLY software program one can ever need for ripping, archiving, encoding, etc...id gladly pay more for that
    Last edited by loueber; 02-11-2010, 04:33 PM.

Originally posted by loueber View Post
    i never burn to disc, i only burn when i want to let someone "borrow" the movie.
    Read this before posting again Observance of Copyright Laws in the DVDFab Forums

Comment

Working...
    X