Profile - Save Horizontal Res ONLY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Profile - Save Horizontal Res ONLY

It would be very nice to have an option to, when saving a profile, save the horizontal resolution only. That way, any viedos added to the task list would scale correctly while also cropping appropriately.

i.e. I'm re-encoding my entire library down to h265 with a horizontal resolution of 720, but with auto-crop on, the vertical resolution naturally varies by movie, depending on the movie's aspect ratio (some may be 720x300, others 720x404, etc). However, if I select "Save Resolution" when saving my encoding profile, it saves both the horizontal resolution as well as the vertical resolution, and this results in movies ending up cropped weird or not scaled properly.

Here is an example:

The movie 50/50. My profile had "Save Resolution" checked when I created it (with a saved resolution of 720x300 that was correct for a different movie). This is the result when applied to 50/50: Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-11-12-20h55m44s052.png
Views:	152
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	344429

Here is what it is supposed to be when auto-cropped correctly (720x404):
    Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2017-11-12-20h54m56s540.png
Views:	131
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	344430

It should be noted, though, that in cases where the source horizontal resolution is less than the saved horizontal resolution, it should default to the source res and not force it to a higher res.

Comment

You can un-select "Save Resolution" option when save your profile.

We can set the output resolution is the source resolution default when the source resolution is small than the saved resolution, but how to do if the source resolution is big than the saved resolution? For instance, the source res is 720*576, ans saved res is 720*404, I don't think that it's good for crop the video.

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

It wouldn't really matter for the vertical resolution because this would be saving the horizontal resolution only (the 720).

The use case is this: I'm converting a couple thousand BluRay titles down to standard definition h265. This means that, no matter what the vertical resolution is, the horizontal resolution should be 720. So, when I drop in 50 BluRays into DVDFab, I have to go through and change the resolution manually on each of those 50 jobs down to 720-by-X. Some of them end up being 720x404, some 720x300, etc. depending on the aspect ratio, but all should have a resolution of 720xSomething.

The problem is that, if I check "Save Resolution" when creating a profile (let's say that the resolution saved was 720x396), it'll force all content to 720x396 resulting in a lot of content with black bars on top or on the sides (see pics in the first post). If I uncheck "Save Resolution", I have to manually change every single job from 1920xSomething to 720xSomething.

What would be nice is if there was a checkbox called "Save Horizontal Resolution". That way every source video would be scaled down to 720xWhatever (depending on the source aspect ratio). If the source video is smaller than 720 pixels horizontal, it wouldn't do anything and just accept the source resolution.

This would save thousands of clicks and would be fantastic for those of us looking to re-encode our libraries down to SD.

Comment

Working...
        X