This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTV or DVRMS support?

I know dvdfab is dvd and BD based encoder or ripper.
    But the file to mobile works SO well, i also use it to encode normal avi and mpeg files , non dvd related.
    Is there anyway .WTV and .dvr-ms file extensions can be implemented so dvdfab can recognize them and encode them?
    im sure you know, they are mpeg file formats from Microsofts media center tv recordings.

On the drop down box for the source file in "File to Mobile", *.dvr-ms is an option under WMV. However, I've never got this to work and no-one has replied to my pleas for assistance.

Pete

Comment

thats correct, it sees the file, but when you import, it wont import.
      Im surprised since dvr-ms, and wtv are basically mpeg files with alot of extra crap in them...
      a work around i have been using to encode my wtv and dvr-ms files is using windows movie maker live for windows 7 and windows movie maker standard in vista.
      vista movie maker works fine with dvr-ms files but not wtv. W7 live movie maker works with both types.

untill dvdfab can get the dvr or wtv files to be accepted, its our only free, and pain free way of encoding dvr or wtv files.
      dvdfab is a great product, although there are bugs, the high point is the developers are still working on it. although some fixes are slow in coming, they do indeed eventually have upgrades.. thats more we can say for MANY other programs out there that cant do nearly as muh as dvdfab.

Comment

Not necessarily, my *free* workaround is to convert the *.wtv to *.dvr-ms using the built in converter in 7, then use a program called DVRMSToolbox to convert the *.dvr-ms file to a *.mpeg file, then use VirtualDub (with the mpeg2 filter) to edit out any commercials, resize, etc and save to *.AVI. Long-winded, yes.

Alternatively I also use WTV to AVI (http://www.dvr-ms.com/wtv-avi.htm) which cuts out 2 of the steps. And at only $29.50, not the most expensive piece of software.

One thing that I have noticed between the 2 methods is that the latter (WTV to AVI) preserves the aspect ratio of the original, but DVRMSToolbox doesn't, usually ending up with a vertically stretched video.

Pete

Comment

Working...
        X