Allow ordering tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Copy Allow ordering tracks

When copying the main movie from a Bluray as a new Bluray it is possible to select the audio and subtitle tracks to be included in the output, but it is not possible to change their order. Please consider a way to select the track order in next revisions of the program.

The same would be also applicable to other modules of the program (for creating MKVs, etc.)

Thanks!!

Originally posted by Maal656 View Post
    When copying the main movie from a Bluray as a new Bluray it is possible to select the audio and subtitle tracks to be included in the output, but it is not possible to change their order. Please consider a way to select the track order in next revisions of the program.

The same would be also applicable to other modules of the program (for creating MKVs, etc.)

Thanks!!
    Hi Maal656,

On what case do you need to change the order of the audio or subtitle tracks? Normally when playback, you can select the audio or subtitle you need in the menu.

There is a tiny arrow can help you set a certain audio or subtitle as default for playback though.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	default audio track.png
Views:	202
Size:	496.8 KB
ID:	352342

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

Hello Mona.

Please note that the arrow of your screenshot can be used to select default track of a MKV file, but it has no effect on m2ts or bluray images.

In m2ts files it is not possible to set a "default" tag in any audio or subtitle track, and it is also no possible to give them an identification name. Only the language can be set.

I would like to order them so, for example, Spanish tracks are before English tracks, and forced subtitles are before normal or commentary subtitled. As every Bluray has its tracks ordered in any order, with no order selection it is impossible to identify each track.

Also, as I use the Multiavchd program to add menus, I would need to order the forced subtitle of my language in first position, since it can be activated (or not) by default in this program. If forced subtitle is not in first position I don't have any control... In multiavchd it is possible to reorder tracks, but sometimes there are problems if bluray is seamless branching, As DVDFab works OK with these bluray, I would like to prepare the movie with it, and the menu with multiavchd, so I would need some control over tracks order...

Anyway thanks for your consideration. Regards.

Comment

In m2ts files it is not possible to set a "default" tag in any audio or subtitle track, and it is also no possible to give them an identification name. Only the language can be set.
        Please be more detailed about this section. In m2ts output, the tiny triangle works.

I would like to order them so, for example, Spanish tracks are before English tracks, and forced subtitles are before normal or commentary subtitled. As every Bluray has its tracks ordered in any order, with no order selection it is impossible to identify each track.

Also, as I use the Multiavchd program to add menus, I would need to order the forced subtitle of my language in first position, since it can be activated (or not) by default in this program. If forced subtitle is not in first position I don't have any control... In multiavchd it is possible to reorder tracks, but sometimes there are problems if bluray is seamless branching, As DVDFab works OK with these bluray, I would like to prepare the movie with it, and the menu with multiavchd, so I would need some control over tracks order...
        I have passed your message to the product manager.

Regards,
        Mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          Please be more detailed about this section. In m2ts output, the tiny triangle works.
          When creating a MKV, there are some tags (Default and Forced) that can be applied to each track. They can be set with programs like mkvtoolnix, and also with the tiny triangle of DVDFab.

As an example, this is the information shown by MediaInfo about an audio track of an MKV file. Please see the last two lines:

Code:
          Audio #2
          ID                                       : 3
          Formato                                  : DTS
          Formato/Info                             : Digital Theater Systems
          ID códec                                 : A_DTS
          Duración                                 : 1 h 48 min
          Tipo de tasa de bits                     : Constante
          Tasa de bits                             : 1 509 kb/s
          Canal(es)                                : 6 canales
          Posiciones del canal                     : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
          Velocidad de muestreo                    : 48,0 kHz
          Velocidad de fotogramas                  : 93,750 FPS (512 SPF)
          Profundidad bits                         : 24 bits
          Modo de compresión                       : Con pérdida
          Tamaño de pista                          : 1,14 GiB (6%)
          Título                                   : Inglés 5.1 DTS
          Idioma                                   : Inglés
          Default                                  : No
          Forced                                   : No
          In m2ts files (and so in Bluray structures), this tags are not available. For example in tsMuxer it is no possible to set them. As these tags are not available, the tiny triangle has no effect.

Example of information shown by Mediainfo about an audio track of an m2ts file. As you can see there are no "Default" and "Forced" lines:

Code:
          Audio #2
          ID                                       : 4353 (0x1101)
          ID menú                                  : 1 (0x1)
          Formato                                  : TrueHD / AC-3
          Modo multiplexor                         : Stream extension
          ID códec                                 : 131
          Duración                                 : 2 h 18 min
          Tipo de tasa de bits                     : Variable / Constante
          Tasa de bits                             : 640 kb/s
          Tasa de bits máxima                      : 3 366 kb/s
          Canal(es)                                : 6 canales
          Posiciones del canal                     : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
          Velocidad de muestreo                    : 48,0 kHz
          Velocidad de fotogramas                  : 31,250 FPS (1536 SPF)
          Profundidad bits                         : 16 bits
          Tamaño de pista                          : 633 MiB (3%)
          ServiceKind/String                       : Complete Main
          When loading a m2ts/bluray (without menus), usually programs select tracks according to language preferences, or by order (the first andio and subtitle track). Thats one of the reason I would like to modify the order of tracks.

By the way, when creating a MKV in DVDFab it would be great to be able to define a "Description" for each track, since it is possible in other programs (for example "Normal Subtitles" "Forced Subtitle" "Commentary subtitle", etc.)

Regards.

Comment

Thank you for your detailed info. I will pass it to the developers.

Regards,
            Mona

Comment

Working...
            X