MOOV Atom at the beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOOV Atom at the beginning

Could we get an option when encoding to MP4 such that the MOOV Atom is rewritten to the beginning of the file, vs the end?

Understand this would mean writing a large file to disk/swap, then calculating the MOOV Atom, writing it, then copying the swap data to the final file after the MOOV Atom; but this would allow faster "on-demand" streaming so that the various player apps wouldn't have to download the entire file before starting their play-back.

THANKS!
    -Zac

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I'd like to request a similar feature. Essentially my goal is to use DVDFab to rip my DVDs into MP4 files, from there I want to put them on a server so I can stream them both using a DLNA server as well as to my phone. Unfortunately, the files generated by DVDFab are great for playing locally but in order to stream them I need to download the entire file.

Another product has a "Web optimized" button that seems to perform the function mentioned by the OP. These files stream to my phone without any issue. If the devs wants to analyze one of the files I'd be happy to send them a link to a working file so they can examine it.

Or is there any hope that this functionality actually exists in the product and I simply haven't stumbled upon it yet?

Comment

I would like to know if dvdfab puts the moov atom at the beginning also. If it does not then it needs too be highly considered since that is supposed to be the standard from what I understand.

Comment

Hi, guys
        A partner of DVDFab is doing one thing to support streams converted by DVDFab. I promise you will get more excited with this feature than any other stream service, so please wait for it.

Comment

Working...
        X