X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mona
    replied
    Hi LaciBacsi,

The forced subtitle in Copy Main Movie should display automatically.

After you turn on the subtitle to get the forced one, please turn it off and see if you still have the forced subtitle displaying or not.

Regards,
    Mona

Leave a comment:

• LaciBacsi
    replied
    Any reply to this? Do feature requests get acted upon, or are they simply ignored? (It appears the latter)

Leave a comment:

• LaciBacsi
    replied
    By the way, for some reason in my last post, I could not attach the log file, so I had to edit and insert. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• LaciBacsi
    started a topic Forced subtitles

Forced subtitles

I know this has been discussed under other Topics in this forum, and excuse me if this is determined to be a duplicate, but I am posting about it here as a Feature Request. In the Blu-ray copy Main Movie mode (and maybe other modes as well, such as Full Disc copy), DVDFAB does not recognize a subtitle as being a "forced subtitle" (i.e., on by default) and the user has to manually turn this on (these are almost always translation subtitles when in a portion of the movie, a foreign language is spoken).

I have experienced this in every backup I have made that has a forced subtitle track, the latest being Dances With Wolves just today (for which I attached the log). However, for now, the only way to determine IF a specific subtitle is a forced subtitle is to watch the movie first before backing up (either in a standalone player or software player such as PowerDVD) and see if any subtitle tracks are automatically turned on, which is what I did with this title and other previous titles. Just an extra step and inconvenience to do before backing up. I know that as long as the track is copied, the user can manually turn this on while watching the backup, but with all the wonderful things DVDFab is able to do, I would think it would be a small task for DVDFab to automatically select and turn this on for the user by default. I did once again confirm that in the backup of the most recent title mentioned above, forced subtitle was NOT turned on by default when viewing it.

There must be some code or identifying tag that DVDFab should be able to recognize identifying a forced subtitle, since a player is able to do this. Could you PLEASE include this feature in future releases. If memory serves me right (though I may be wrong), older versions of Fab (8 and maybe 9) did have this feature, at least for DVD's, but would like to see it for Blu-ray copy.

Thank you!

dvdfab_internal.log
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LaciBacsi; 07-22-2018, 06:49 PM.
Working...
X