No announcement yet.

Open (or re-open?) network connnecton to NAS or shared storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Open (or re-open?) network connnecton to NAS or shared storage

Occasionally my Window 10 system hangs requiring a reset. Unlike previous versions of windows and the quality of the motherboard, this does not happen as often as in the past.

However, when it does occur windows reports "unable to connect network drives". This is easily fixed (if I remember to do it) by bringing up FILE_EXPLORER -> THIS_PC and clicking on (for example) "MP4movies (Z"

However, if I run DVDFAB and do a rip I get a FAILURE error about of out disk space on the Z drive and your program goes on to the next rip which of course, fails also.

FEATURE REQUEST:
    I wish that either your program make the re-connection for me or, if that is not possible, then to report there is no connection and "pause" to allow me to make the network connection. The error message "out of space" is misleading.

This can happen when the network stack is not fully started when you log in.

You can implement this gpo to see if it help:

Under Computer Configuration in the navigation tree on the left side, navigate to Administrative Templates\System\Logon
    Enable:Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon

Comment

Working...
    X