Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolby Vision Rips with HD Sound + Chapters (and Subitels)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Dolby Vision Rips with HD Sound + Chapters (and Subitels)

Hello dear DVDFab Team!

Your program is already doing a very good job. However, I still lack two functions that I would wish for.

With the current FFmpeg it is possible to save DTS-HD and TrueHD (Atmos) in an MP4 file. After creating a single layer Dolby Vision Rip with DVDFab, you can add the HD soundtracks and chapters later with the mp4box (from GPAC SDK - gpac-0.9.0-DEV-latest-filters-x64.exe).

TrueHD (Atmos) is saved as mlpa codec. MLPA is very new and is supported by hardly any players but Plex and Kodi want to integrate it in the near future.

DTS-HD is supported and copied nativ.

For the chapters you have to create a chapters.txt file so mp4box can add them. The file must have the following contents:

CHAPTER01=00:00:00.000
    CHAPTER01NAME=Chapter1
    CHAPTER02=00:10:15.698
    CHAPTER02NAME=Chapter2
    etc etc...

The SRT subtitles can also be integrated with the mp4box in the file. This is not so important but would also be a nice option if all SRT subtitles are in the file.

I added a MediaInfo TXT file of a rip created by myself to this post. There you can see a single layer DV video with AC3 + TrueHD (Atmos) + chapters.

If DVDFab does that in the future, that would be great!!!!

greetings
    KCX
    Attached Files

Hi KCX,

Thanks for advice, Our dev will find ways to add TrueHD or DTSHD for mp4 first.

Most TV only support no HD audios.
    Could you please share some device names can play Dolby Vision with HD audio ? Shield TV with nas, any more?

yours,
    Wilson
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 11-28-2019, 06:45 AM.
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

[QUOTE=Wilson.Wang;n375243]Hi KCX,
      Thanks for advice, Our dev will find ways to add TrueHD or DTSHD for mp4 first.
      /QUOTE]

Hello Wilson!

Thank you for your answer!
      Also, I think it's great if you intend to integrate that.

There are currently not many players that can play DV. I personally use the Shield 2019 Pro and Plex. Kodi also wants to make it compatible.
      But eARC is becoming more and more common, so HD sound becomes important.
      My way:

Tools:
      - DVDFab
      - FFmpeg
      - mp4box (from GPAC SDK - gpac-0.9.0-DEV-latest-filters-x64.exe)

Create a single layer rip + SRT external subtitles

### How to find the correct stream id ###
      ffprobe -i bluray:\path\to\bluray
      Now find the right track and notice the AUDIO_STREAM_ID like 0:2

### DTS HD Commad ###
      ffmpeg.exe -i bluray:\path\to\bluray -map 0:AUDIO_STREAM_ID -c copy %userprofile%\Desktop\dtshd.mp4

### TrueHD (Atmos) Commad ### #EXPERIMENTAL# - You get a soundtrack in the format: mlpa
      ffmpeg.exe -i bluray:\path\to\bluray -map 0:AUDIO_STREAM_ID -c:a copy -strict -2 %userprofile%\Desktop\atmos.mp4

Now you have your HD soundtrack in a MP4: atmos.mp4 or dtshd.mp4

Creates a chapter TXT file and call it "chapters.txt". Content:

CHAPTER01=00:00:00.000
      CHAPTER01NAME=Chapter1
      CHAPTER02=00:10:15.698
      CHAPTER02NAME=Chapter2
      CHAPTER03=00:22:39.399
      CHAPTER03NAME=Chapter3
      CHAPTER04=00:35:53.276
      etc. etc. ...

That's my way to create the ultimate Dolby Vision Rip for the Shield 2019 with the mp4box:

mp4box.exe -add %userprofile%\Desktop\dvdfab_out.mp4 -add %userprofile%\Desktop\atmos.mp4:lang=eng -add %userprofile%\Desktop\chapters.txt:chap -brand mp42isom -ab dby1 %userprofile%\Desktop\mp4box_out.mp4

greetings
      KCX

Comment

Working...
      X