Hardcoding srt's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Hardcoding srt's

Requesting the ability to Direct Render To Video srt subtitles if it's possible. Thx!

Originally posted by Diaboyos View Post
    Requesting the ability to Direct Render To Video srt subtitles if it's possible. Thx!
    While output to MKV/MP4, DVDFab supports to extract to SRT file. Is that what you want?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	srt subtitle.png
Views:	293
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	375976

Comment

No, I'm requesting that Fab be able to Direct Render To Video (hardcode) srt subtitles the way that it can with PGS and Vob/Sub subtitles. Right now you can't Direct Render To Video srt's. You can only remux them into the file or extract them.

Comment

I don't feel like understand your request. Why you extract it to srt and then render? And since render to video, I don't think it matters whether it is PGS or Vob/Sub subtitles. If from original movie disc, you can use "direct render" directly, if they are external subtitle, add them to DVDFab and them direct render should work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          I don't feel like understand your request. Why you extract it to srt and then render?
          I did not. I have many foreign language movies that did not include English subtitles so I had to download the external srt subtitles.

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          I don't think it matters whether it is PGS or Vob/Sub subtitles. If from original movie disc, you can use "direct render" directly, if they are external subtitle, add them to DVDFab and them direct render should work.
          It does not work. Direct render does not work with srt subtitles. I am trying to direct render external srt subtitles. Fab states that it completed successfully but the resulting mkv does not have any hardcoded subtitles on it. Please attempt to create an mvk with direct rendered subtitles using external or remuxed srt subtitles and you should be able to reproduce this.

Comment

Originally posted by Diaboyos View Post

It does not work. Direct render does not work with srt subtitles. I am trying to direct render external srt subtitles. Fab states that it completed successfully but the resulting mkv does not have any hardcoded subtitles on it. Please attempt to create an mvk with direct rendered subtitles using external or remuxed srt subtitles and you should be able to reproduce this.
            No, I cannot reproduce render srt subtitle issue. Please provide:
            1. dvdfab_internal.log file.
            2. the player for playback.
            3. a copy of the .srt file.

Comment

Sorry I did not get an email notification that you had replied. I will have to wait until the next time this happens to provide the info. However; I have not ever, not a single time, been able to direct render subtitles to the video using srt subs as the subtitle source. I can only direct render pgs or vob/sub subtitle types. Fab allows me to set it up using srt. It completes stating that the process completed successfully. Yet, the resulting mkv has no hardcoded subs.

To answer number 2 though that would be FabPlayer, VLC, PotPlayer or PowerDVD. Those are the four players I use. I will let you know the next time I encounter this issue. Thx!

Comment

I should have been more precise when saying which output method I was using instead of just saying mkv as it may make a difference. After you said you could not reproduce the issue I tried again and created an mkv using external srt subs using the regular mkv output and it did direct render them properly. I have never tried this with the regular mkv output selected though and this is where I should have been more precise as it may matter.

I cannot direct render using srt subs when using the MKV-H.265-4K-10 bit profile. I still don't have any files yet as I haven't come across a movie again needing me to download subs. I can't remember the last movie I had issues with or I'd just go back and do that one again. Just wanted to mention the specific profile I was using in case that makes a difference.

Comment

Okay, we will test "render using srt subs when using the MKV-H.265-4K-10 bit profile" and update you soon.
                  Just in case, please attach a dvdfab_internal.log file too. Thanks.

Comment

I'll have to wait until it happens again to post log files. This didn't just happen I just remembered that it happened so I don't have log files right now. If I can ever remember the movies it happened with I'll do one again.

Comment

Working...
                    X