10Bit HW Encoding Acceleration for AMD Graphics Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 10Bit HW Encoding Acceleration for AMD Graphics Cards

Any chance of this happening? I know when you click on Hardware Info in the settings it says it not supported for my RX5700XT, but I know other rippers manage to do it (VideoProc being one of them)

Software encoding currently takes my Ryzen 1700 over 24 hours at 4fps at present

We need your DVDFab log files to help analyze the issue. Please refer to this post and provide us the feedback ID: DVDFab Forum - Log Files Help Our Developers Troubleshoot Your Problems Quickly

As for VideoProc, please take screenshots of the steps and put them into a word document, then attach it to the post and show us. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Mona

I have taken screenshots of VideoProc and DVDFab. As you can see VideoProc manages to encode the file at 30 fps, using both the cpu and gpu. DVDFab approximately 5fps, gpu encoding not supported.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by andygoodall9841 View Post
        Hi Mona

I have taken screenshots of VideoProc and DVDFab. As you can see VideoProc manages to encode the file at 30 fps, using both the cpu and gpu. DVDFab approximately 5fps, gpu encoding not supported.
        Please also send us the DVDFab log folder or send us the feedback ID, thanks

Comment

Mona, I'm not sure what the logs will tell you. I am putting this in as a feature request. Are you saying my graphics card should do this already?

Comment

Hello, finally, our rx5700 arrived.
            Below is from developer:
            In the test, the VideoProc cannot produce mkv 4k 10bit hevc , and they may have some bug or misleading on showing the info, the output setting is different from what you set for DVDFab.

Please compare the output file information, you can check with free tool Mediainfo.
            And you will see that VideoProc cannot change profile as shown in my pic, also in your .docx file posted in #3.

Click image for larger version  Name:	11.png Views:	0 Size:	700.3 KB ID:	381425

The MediaInfo shows that output is not 10bit.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	22.png Views:	0 Size:	535.2 KB ID:	381426

We checked the AMD official SDK, AMF, and it does Not support hevc 10bit encode for now (2020/05/08).

If you find something different from ours, please let us know, thank you.

Comment

Hi Mona

Thank you for the clear explaination on this one, much appriciated

Comment

Working...
              X