This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Default write speed

I would like to see the default VSO write speed instead lowered instead of the Max setting.
    More 1st time users would have a greater success rate and not a bad impression of the software.

I would like to see that as well

Comment

Dear all,

Do you mean we should use lower burning speed by default?

Currently DVDFab logic is:
      If drive recommended burning speed is greater than 16x, we use 16x.
      Then if drive recommended burning speed is greater than 8x, we use 8x.
      Then if drive recommended burning speed is lower than 8x, we use that speed.

Best Regards,
      Fengtao
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
        Do you mean we should use lower burning speed by default?
        Yes, What few burns I have tried using cheap media (DVD+R) with the VSO burn engine at the recommended setting have failed for me using different drives (they always burn at max according to the logs) but if I lower to half the rated speed or less according to the media used I have no problems.
        I now always use quality media and ImgBurn and never have problems.
        Last edited by W&B; 03-12-2010, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Recommended speed is not always max speed.

Do you remember the speed which may fail?
          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Sorry I just edited my post...it was Max that they burned at and failed.

Comment

cheap media and burning at max will most likely always fail
              Paid Not To Work
              US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
              Proudly Served On
              USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
              6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Yeah it's just a suggestion more than a request, lowering the default to 4X would be a safe setting for dual layer and single layer media. I just think more users would with no experience would have a better success rate out-of-the-box and those with experience know how to adjust it to their needs.

Comment

My personal testing shows that 4X for 16X media is too slow but 8X would be much better than Max.

Even tho it is stated that max is not always max the software does not always seem to know that.
                  If it did the manual lowering of the burn speed would not cure so many problems that would not have occurred it the default speed was lower to start with.

Bottom line is I agree the default burn speed of Max is causing newbie problems.

Comment

I agree with Gruñón, I always burn at 8X, even with 16X media, the few extra minutes it takes is well worth a great backup.
                    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I was just trying to think of a setting that would work ok for 8.5GB and 4.7GB media, I wouldn't go lower than 4X or higher than 8X in any case.

Comment

Just curious. Keeping on topic with burning speeds. I burn my single verby's at 4x and my D/L verby's at 2. Great backups as usual, but anyone have a different few?

Comment

I burn at 12x and have for a few years. Never had any problems but I always make sure I have good burners. I don't use the vso burn engine. If DVDFab ever dropped the vso burning engine, I wouldn't even blink. I'm strictly an imgburn guy.
                          Last edited by Mike89; 03-13-2010, 04:41 AM.
                          I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Working...
                          X