Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Player 6 Feature Suggestions

Hello DVDFab team,

Some of what I'm posting here was already submitted through the feedback option in Player 6 and responded back to, but I figured I'd share my thoughts here in case other users have similar ideas.

I love that Player 6 can directly interact with my ISO backups without the need to mount them, and with full menu support! I don't know of any other players that can do this. Most of the movies I watch are 3D however and I've switched over to using a PC VR headset for my ultimate home theater experience. It would be great if you could include an option for SBS frame-packed in the 3D output options. I use Bigscreen VR for an IMAX viewing experience and it only has options for SBS and OU to display 3D content. You could eventually even implement your own VR viewing experience directly into a future edition of Player, however, Bigscreen has the added benefit of allowing you to do a private p2p movie stream with your friends and family assuming you have the upload bandwidth to handle it. MadVR is a plugin I've been using on another player to directly display 3D blu-rays and mkv(s) in SBS without the need to convert them. When used on a 4K display, both frames end up being full 1080p quality. I think VR is going to revive 3D movies again and this time they'll be here to stay.
    *I don't believe either of the links I provided qualifies as "competing products" but feel free to remove them if they violate forum rules, no malice intended*

I also love that Player saves me a lot of time and fetches metadata from a database, however, I'd still like the option to customize my posters with locally stored images. As stated before, most of my movies are 3D and I'd like the posters to reflect that. There are also a few cases where I just like a poster I found better than the one Player assigned for that title.

Thanks for creating such an awesome collection of tools for movie enthusiasts and I can't wait to see how it continues to evolve! That's all I have for now.
    Last edited by wemickna; 10-09-2020, 07:15 PM.
Working...
X