This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Multi-Module Naming and Subtitle Defaults

I've read that DVDFab may be updating the naming part of X to Mobile and thought I'd put in my 2 cents. I'm throwing in subtitle defaults only because they are in the same work path.

Following best practices for X to Mobile, I rip all my new discs to the hard drive using full disc mode. For those that I care about I will then make a Main Movie ISO for later burn to disc. To that end, I have setup default language and subtitle support in the DVDFab settings.

Allow separate subtitle defaults for X to Mobile

My next step is to use VOB Passthrough. The problem is that I keep having to untick the subtitle selection or else I get extra files on my NAS. There are a number of reasons not to want this but my main problem is that the PS3+NAS now shows them and they are annoying. Adding subtitle defaults in the profile XML could work.

Allow for context sensitive X to Mobile file naming

I'd like to see the title part of the naming have a context sensitive option so that if I only rip one title from a disc then no ".TitleX" is added to the name. I buy a 50/50 mix of movies and TV episodes. I leave the default DVDFab naming that includes the title so that my TV episodes have unique names. However, I manually remove the ".Title1" from each of my movies.

Zero pad title number on X to Mobile file naming

It would be nice if the automatic naming of titles would come out as "Title01" (or "Title001" for BD) instead of "Title1". My PCH sorts these just fine, but my PS3 does strict alpha sort so title 10 is sorting ahead of title 2. While your at it, an option for the short "T01" would be nice (maybe just add "<Title#>" option and then I can make a pattern of "<Volume>.T<Title#>" to suite my needs).

Zero padded Queue number on X to Mobile file naming

You might consider a "<Queue#>" as a file naming option as either the overall X to Mobile queue sequence or the sequence per disc. There are some episode discs in which the episode order is not in line with the title numbering (title 5 should be played before title 2). DVDFab often finds these titles in the correct order and it would be nice if that order could be put into the file name so I could make a pattern like "<Volume>.<Queue#>.T<Title#>".

This last request, if implemented, would be much more useful if the naming pattern is added as an option in X to Mobile profile XML.

Just one more thing...

I'll reiterate a previous request from others. It would be nice if the remembered destination folder was specific by module (e.g. remember locations for DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile separately). As I transition between DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile, I have to remember to change the destination between my local hard drive folder and my NAS.
Working...
X