Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A few filters/plugins to aid avi encoding?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) A few filters/plugins to aid avi encoding?

What about a few simple filters to aid avi encoding eg degrain, denoise, sharpen picture, color matrix/chroma option to brighten those very dark film sources up etc? As we know compressing to avi often darken a picture.

Non-useful posts removed.

If you had a post here and I removed it then consider yourself warned. I'm specifically disappointed with posts made by a long time poster that shall remain nameless.

Comment

"As we know compressing to avi often darken a picture."

No it doesn't. Absolute B/S.

Originally posted by Marshy View Post
      What about a few simple filters to aid avi encoding eg degrain, denoise, sharpen picture, color matrix/chroma option to brighten those very dark film sources up etc? As we know compressing to avi often darken a picture.
      Last edited by GregiBoy; 04-29-2010, 10:00 PM.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

GregiBoy wrote: Absolute B/S.

Maybe I should have wrote "has been known to darken" avi colours during compression especially with some titles. This is factual and I have many converted DVD to avi to proof it.

However how can you be so sure in your vitriolic reply that what you say is 100% accurate. Why is it B/S as you quaintly put it? Please explain more. Thankyou.
        Last edited by Marshy; 04-30-2010, 09:47 AM.

Comment

OK, I'll explain.

I have personally converted 1000+ titles and I have never found any darker than the original title.

I will not play games here. I regard this comment of yours as totally subjective, not objective. Capisce?

On the other hand, I have many that I regard as too dark but I always respect the original authors encoding.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

GregiBoy wrote: I have personally converted 1000+ titles and I have never found any darker than the original title.

Likewise let us not play games, I think your comments are very subjective too and not objective at all. I have "personally" encoded films into hundreds too with various encoders and a fair percentage still come out dark, if source was dark too. Comprende? Maybe we are both being subjective

With DVDFab I do not know what the defaults/presets are, but it would be nice to be able to tweak the codec. In Xvid Codec they give the option for enabling chroma optimiser. Thankyou for taking the time and effort to explain your views. Greatly appreciated

Comment

Working...
            X