Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restrict Auto Shut down PC when done to "Check Box" !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab (UI/General) Restrict Auto Shut down PC when done to "Check Box" !!

I'm am PLEASE asking AGAIN for the Auto Shut down PC when done check box to be FOCUSED on the "Check Box" ONLY and not to include the text "Auto Shut down PC when done" as part of the field.

I can't count how many times I have inadvertently clicked this field by mistake. Then any other multi-tasking I'm doing gets trashed as the PC starts to shutdown

I have tried to make it a habit of collapsing DVD Fab app after clicking "Start". But I sometimes forget to do this and it seems every time I do, I inadvertently wind up clicking on his field while multi-tasking.

I know that this CAN be done as I do it currently on my databases so I DON'T check a box inadvertently. The text can be a separate item and NOT associated to the CHECK BOX field.

PLEASE .... PLEASE ...... I'm begging .......

AX
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Waste of time asking... you'll only be told that you're an idiot for clicking it, as I was in my thread requesting a similar change... http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=3833

It seems, in this case, that the customer is not always right!

Comment

Yes I saw your post and the "idiot" reply, see links in my initial post.

One thing I forgot to mention as well is something I noticed in the latest version (7.0.5.3). But first let me reflect back. A long time ago I asked Feng about reducing the field length of this check box via email. Feng/Ting did make a change rather quickly, the field was reduced by about 25-30%.

Well in the latest release I've noticed that it is back to the way it was originally.It almost takes up the full length on the right side of the DVD Fab form. The end of the field is about in-line with the "Source" and "Target" pull-down arrows. Stops just short of the "Save File" button, which is way past the end of the text..

NOTE: "Save File" button only displays either after completion of copy process or if you select the "Cancel" button.

I think "check boxes" in general are always built incorrectly in many apps/web forms. They always incorporate the associated text in its' FIELD length (BAD in my little feeble mind). Whenever I use check boxes in forms I create, I make the check box and the text two separate entities (NOT associated). I don't want to inadvertently click a box by mistake especially in my database forms.

Well I'll get off my soap box now. But I still feel this field is very dangerous, especially if you multi-task as I do. I have lost work a few times because of this field. The reason I posted this AGAIN, is because I lost work (again) two days ago.

Regards,
      AX
      Last edited by AlienX69; 05-16-2010, 01:29 PM.
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Another CRITICAL shutdown !!

Any shutdown that you are not expecting is NOT good !!

THX

AX
        AX

Comment

Working...
        X