This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCD

Maybe I should start a separate feature request thread, but this does seems close.

I'd love for DVDFab to be able to produce a VCD directly.

Here's why for those that are going to ask: Most of what I uses DVDFab for is to make backup copies of movies for my kids to watch in the minivan's DVD player.
    Most kids movies fit on VCD just fine, and quality is perfectly adequate for their needs, especially on a small screen, and CDR disks are so cheap that I don't care if they get lost or damaged on a trip. It's much cheaper and faster to re-burn VCDs than DVDs, so I can consider them disposable.
    Right now, with multiple apps to do trans-coding and burning, making VCDs is a bit of a hassle. Having it as one-click option in DVDFab would be sweet.

ApK

I would suggest that this will never happen as VCD's are regarded as a thing of the past and the cost of DVD blanks is minimal these days.

When I can pick up DVD's for 25c/blank, Why would I bother even wanting to go to VCD?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by ApK View Post
      Maybe I should start a separate feature request thread, but this does seems close.

ApK
      Yes you should start your own thread instead of hijacking others thread.

Hijack moved to a thread of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        I would suggest that this will never happen as VCD's are regarded as a thing of the past and the cost of DVD blanks is minimal these days.

When I can pick up DVD's for 25c/blank, Why would I bother even wanting to go to VCD?
        Well, there's a least two of us who'd apparently like the format included. We'll see if there's anyone else, I guess.

As for "why", again, as cheap as DVDs are, CD are still cheaper and I'm probably not the only one with stacks of them sitting around looking for a use. And having so much less data, they copy and burn faster.

Plus, they have a cool retro vibe....

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
        Yes you should start your own thread instead of hijacking others thread.

Hijack moved to a thread of its own.
        Fair enough, thanks. But, really, when the other thread specifically asked about creating "MPEG 1 (VCD)" is really a hijack to suggest that might be nice if it go one step further and put it right on a disc?

ApK

Comment

Originally posted by ApK View Post

Fair enough, thanks. But, seriously, when the other thread specifically asked about creating "MPEG 1 (VCD)" is really a hijack to suggest that might be nice if it go one step further and put it right on a disc?

ApK
          It was not your thread.
          Start your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
            It was not your thread.
            Start your own.
            I didn't say it was my thread. According to the sticky, the reason these are threads is "to allow discussion of suggestions among the user community."
            I was interested in same format requested in the other thread and thought putting that format on CD was closely related.
            It should be a separate thread, fine, but geesh, man, why the frickin' attitude?

Comment

Congratulations you just earned a weeks suspension from the forum.

Comment

Working...
              X