• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for DVDFab Region Reset

Hello,

Here are two suggestions for DVDFab Region Reset:

1. More BD Region Changes for PowerDVD 7.3

DVDFab Region Reset gives you 65535 BD Region changes in PowerDVD 7.3.

By changing a Registry value, you can get even 99999 changes:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{9CB23675-4229-4630-AFF6-3668BA6AF33E}]
    @=dword:0001869f

The BD Region is also saved in the Registry. By combining the Region and the counter keys you can change the Region and reset the Blu-ray Region counter with one single click:

Region A + 99999 changes:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{631400EE-60DF-4014-8A01-67106E57BDA8}]
    @=dword:00000001

Region B + 99999 changes:

@=dword:00000002

Region C + 99999 changes:

@=dword:00000004

BD Region reset in Windows Vista:

In Vista, the Region information is not stored in the Registry, but in a file.
    Delete "CLDSHOWX.ini" in the PowerDVD folder. PowerDVD will recreate it with 5 new changes.

2. Bypassing DVD Regions

To make it the perfect Region-reset tool for both BDs and DVDs, would you PLEASE add the DVD-Region-bypassing part of DVDFab Passkey to the DVD Fab Region Reset? DVDFab Passkey is still free, because it is still beta, but so far there has been made no announcement whether there will be a free "Light" version available.
    To cover ALL Regions, PLEASE do not forget the special DVD Regions 7 and 8 (and add them to DVDFab and to DVDFab Passkey).

With the ability to bypass both BD and DVD Regions (even with RPC-2 drives), DVDFab Region Reset would be the ultimative successor of DVD Region Killer and DVD Genie.
    I hope you will find my suggestions useful and add them to next version.

Many greetings;

Mediafox

Blu-Ray-Region Reset for Nero Showtime

Hello,

On the Internet, I found a way to reset the Blu-ray Region counter of Nero Showtime:

Like TMT, Nero Showtime saves the Region information in a file:

C:\Windows\Cursors\arrow_n.cur:NEDTA.DAT

It is suggested you make a copy of arrow_n.cur as long as you have enough changes left and replace the original file by it when you need more changes.

With this information, one could also add support for Nero Showtime to DVDFab Region Reset.

Many greetings,

Mediafox

Comment

Hi mediafox,

1) We have taken your suggestion 1 and updated DVDFab Region Reset 1002, please try it to see the result.

2) We are considering to merge DVDFab Region Reset into DVDFab Passkey.

3) Nero ShowTime is dead for Blu-ray playback, no need to support it.

Best Regards,
      Fengtao
      DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
      http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

FREE On-the-Fly Disc-Region Tool

Hello, Fengtao,

> 2) We are considering to merge DVDFab Region Reset into DVDFab Passkey.

This is good news, but it leaves open whether there will be a free DVDFab Passkey Light version or not.

My idea was to add the DVD-Region-killing part of DVDFab Passkey to DVD Fab Region Reset (then one could call it DVDFab Disc Region Tool ) to get a free tool that can bypass BD Regions and DVD Regions on RPC-2 drives on the fly. So far, only commercial software has been able to do so, and many users would welcome such a free Region tool.

Many greetings,

Mediafox

Comment

I have just started DVDFab Region Reset 1.0.0.2, but I saw only the Reset button for PowerDVD 7.3 - no worldmap with possibility to define the new default Blu-ray Region . With the information given above, this should be no problem. And can DVD Region-Reset recognize automatically whether it is running on XP or on Vista? (Remember, PowerDVD 7.3 hacks are different for the two systems, and on Vista, you get only 5 changes, not 99999.)

By the way, what is the box next to the Reset button in the field for PowerDVD 8/9/10 good for ? I thought after the reset, you had 5 new changes, not more or less.

In the new DVDFab Passkey beta version, the DVD Regions 7 and 8 are still missing . I know these Regions are unusual and rarely used, but in my opinion, they should not be ignored.

Mediafox

Comment

In my opinion regions 7 and 8 should be ignored as they are not released for retail sale like all other regions. Now the rest of the requests/questions will have to be answered by a developer

Comment

I think DVD free program needs a update, because it dont remove APS in some of the latest dvd releases

Comment

Working...
              X