X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built-in Media Changer Support would be great

Hi Guys

DVDFab has been invaluable in backing up my DVD collection to a 5Tb NAS but it is a terrifying thought that the RAID on the NAS might collapse and leave me with 500+ discs to copy by hand again not to mention about 1000 episodes of 23 TV Series.

To try and make my stress levels reduce and to help out a mate with a 3000CD collection he wanted to digitize I invested in a SONY VGP-XL1B Media Changer. It holds 200 discs at a time and was breeze to use for the CD digitization using dbPoweramp's batch ripper (check that one out BTW it's another great piece of software just like DVDFab). Real set and forget stuff.

Lightning UK over at ImgBurn has built the media changer support into his product too but, as you guys know, it's specific to disc burning not HDD backup.

I would love to see DVDFab with a media changer management interface which allows for:
    - Read changer contents
    - Mount disc 1
    - Copy Disc 1
    - Unmount disc 1
    - Mount disc 2
    - Repeat

If there were also a way to loop copying within a disc if there were more than, say, 2 titles greater than 40 minutes duration (or some such test for a TV series disc) that would really be the icing on this particular cake.

Would love to hear your collective thoughts on this one

Regards
    Ian
Working...
X